Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Announce Mobile Broadband Trial

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

got picked...yayyyy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭kirving

I got selected too! 30 quid a month is a bit steep, but keeping the modem and 50 euro credit is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

jmccrohan wrote: »
    What modem are they using actually?

something like E180, a bit scetchy on manufacturer, i'll double check tomorrow

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Woooo :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

I got an invitation letter to register my interest a while ago. My wife didn't but I told her to apply anyway to increase our chances. Today she got a call notifying she's selected and sometime later I got it too :) By the way, it was from a landline, not a Meteor number. The modem is Huawei E180 which is quite cool, it costs at least twice as much as their advertised price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

Got my phone call about 5 pm this evening from customer care. thats me in.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭lfcefc

still hav'nt got a call:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

same:(:eek: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    Did anyone get it who doesn't have a Dublin or Cork address?

Anyone ?

Edit: a guy at work got a call last night - he definitely signed up after me cos I told him about it.

Hopefully they're not doing it in order.

He has Dublin address, xas on PAYG 3G trial, hadn't used other mobile broadband products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

I'm in! :D

Got a call from Meteor yesterday evening telling asking to confirm details and such. Modem worth €79.99 and something about a browser worth €4.99? Then the €50 free credit, very excited that its running all the way through to the end of February aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭lfcefc

Is this only for pre-pay customers?
    Is anyone that got selected on bill-pay?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

e90 free data all summer
    e70 payg trial credit
    e50 marketing meeting money
    e50 3g modem credit
    e80 free modem
    e340 profit as a result of meteor introducing 3g

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

jmccrohan wrote: »
    e90 free data all summer
    e70 payg trial credit
    e50 marketing meeting money
    e50 3g modem credit
    e80 free modem
    e340 profit as a result of meteor introducing 3g

:)

Yep. Pretty much the same for me but I missed the marketing meeting, was out of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Ah I was chatting to CS there ... so you only really get one days free use? That's a bit dissapointing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Glowing wrote: »
    Ah I was chatting to CS there ... so you only really get one days free use? That's a bit dissapointing!!

Yeah u'd think they would give us atleast the first month free or something, they may end up getting alot of people not using it as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Yeah, it's not much of a trial then really!

So correct me if I'm wrong, but the minute you plug in the modem, it gives you 24hours of web use, then after that, you have to pay a fiver a day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

From what i gathered from the woman at cc yes you get a one day free trial, then its €4.99 a day or €29.99 for a month.

edit: the meteor broadband page has been updated, shows a pic of the modem and gives all the details of the offer

check it out here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I'm in. :)

And fyi, it's only 24.99 per month for bill pay customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Just had a missed call from International Customer Care. No voicemail left and no text message sent though.

Could this be related to my application for the trial?

Wont be participating anyway, already have BB at home and no 3G coverage at work or at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Got my call just now. I took me a couple of minuted to realise I was being charged €24 euro a month for the trial! I was assuming it would be free til end Feb tbh, immediately said I wasn't interested.

Was I the only to assume the trial period would be free?

c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Got my call just now. I took me a couple of minuted to realise I was being charged €24 euro a month for the trial! I was assuming it would be free til end Feb tbh, immediately said I wasn't interested.

Was I the only to assume the trial period would be free?

c

No I thought the same. It's very rare that you have to pay to be a Beta tester for a company :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

John_Mc wrote: »
    No I thought the same. It's very rare that you have to pay to be a Beta tester for a company :rolleyes:

At the end of the day it's a free modem plus you can opt out of the contract at any stage and keep the modem. It's a nice modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Got the call and signed up for it. As Ronny said, nice modem and you can opt out at any point. Plus, unlimited for 24.99 a month isn't exactly breaking the bank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

This seems very interesting !
    Q. How much does it cost to use Meteor Mobile Broadband in Northern Ireland and the UK?
    A. If you’re travelling to Northern Ireland or the UK you can roam on the T-Mobile network. Just make sure your account is topped up by at least €15 as this will mean you can use your Broadband device to download up to 50 MB in any one day. There is no need to purchase a Roaming Day Pass as it will automatically be activated as soon as you go online on the T-Mobile network and will last until midnight of the same day. Charges can be broken down as follows: €5 for the first MB, €5 for the second MB and €5 for the third MB. The following 47 MB are free. Standard roaming rates of 1c per kB apply for anything above 50 MB.

John_Mc wrote: »
    Meh.. you are getting this for free..

I'm in. :)
    Same crew again so :D

Random wrote: »
    This seems very interesting !
    It does indeed.

I also hope you are not forced to use the provided software.. Looks a bit horrible.

Hopefully you might be able to configure it using AT commands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Got the call and signed up for it. As Ronny said, nice modem and you can opt out at any point. Plus, unlimited for 24.99 a month isn't exactly breaking the bank!
    Is it unlimited for bill pay? I'm on PAYG and I was told the cap was 10GB/month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Wowzer!

359703408.png

I think I might be too far away... I don't think I'll be spending €30 for a monthly connection. Might take a drive today and see if I can get a better speed elsewhere...

Advertisement