Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Announce Mobile Broadband Trial

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

I saw it in my crystal ball, I if I ran Meteor i'd stick to talk and text at which there very good at. Leave the Broadband to Eircom. Meteor are playing with fire, they have very happy customers they shouldn't go messing with it...
    Jesus. It's a fast moving industry and no company can afford to stand still. Meteor now have 3G and Mobile Broadband. Both are in their infancy and have not been officially launched so it's likley there will be errors - that's the whole point of a trial.

These services in no way affect Talk and Text. Customers wishing to use these services can do so as normal. They do not need to worry about 3G or Mobile Broadband but these services are available to them also if they are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MBB

Hi All,

Just quick reply on whats happend . Trial is trial so :
    Error 619 - problem with provisioning . ISSUE RESOLVED WITHIN 1 DAY.

All people having same issue with MBB should contact MBB number asap so they can send you a new SIM.

This is still a trial so dont panic.
    Statistics looks fine and speed is good
    Really looking forward to this one

It might be some cases there .. but you wont pay for your dongle ( thats the price )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

MBB wrote: »
    Hi All,

All people having same issue with MBB should contact MBB number asap so they can send you a new SIM.

This is still a trial so dont panic.
    Statistics looks fine and speed is good
    Really looking forward to this one

It might be some cases there .. but you wont pay for your dongle ( thats the price )

Thanks Meteor, sounds like you guys are on top of things. Looking forward to a good and proper test with the new sim on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

when you get the 619 error on 02 or 3, it's becuause the sim is not switched on (provisioned). Can't meteor just activate your current sim rather than sending you a new one...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Hey MBB

Do you work for M ?

If so can you give any idea of how many of the successful applicants who applied for the MBB trial are yet to be called ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭ozymandius

MBB wrote:
    Hi All,

Fair point. Thanks for showing up. Very brave :) But keep the information flowing. (Preferably) Here or on your own website.
    when you get the 619 error on 02 or 3, it's becuause the sim is not switched on (provisioned). Can't meteor just activate your current sim rather than sending you a new one...?

I offered to pick up a SIM in a shop, but CS guy said that they need to be from a particular number range - IMSI I suppose. Perhaps BB customers, as opposed to phone customers, get different QoS etc. They probably restructured some part of the back-end and the earliest adopters got disabled.

No big deal. It is a trial. From the T & Cs we signed up to:
    This is an optional and limited trial which some Prepaid and Bill Pay customers (at Meteor’s sole
    discretion, criteria and determination) are being invited to participate in and give feedback as to
    the trialing services. You hereby expressly acknowledge that such services are experimental and
    solely on trial (and not for full commercial release or distribution) at present and thus you do not
    expect, nor does Meteor represent the services, in any way, to be of full commercial viability and
    functionality and Meteor makes no representation as to their quality, suitability or adequacy of
    such services. You also agree that Meteor can, for technical or operational reasons, disable the
    Services available during the term of the Trial. You also acknowledge that as such technology is
    experimental, it may result in a deterioration in services than you are normally used to experiencing
    on our network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MBB

:DTo ozymandius - Well done !:D

Meteor can't activate all SIMs on MBB,(they are active but only some can be used for trial - Error 619 )
    Thats why Meteor CS don't advice to go to store to get new one.
    There is few guys working on it. once its provisioned correctly on right IMSI it will be send to customer.

Will Keep You Posted.

to Long_b : Sorry dont know - marketing guys dealing with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Got a call today.

For those still waiting there doesn't seem to be any order in the way they're working through their list, so hang tight.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

long_b wrote: »
    Got a call today.

For those still waiting there doesn't seem to be any order in the way they're working through their list, so hang tight.
    Welcome aboard.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i signed myself and my GF up for the trial on the same day, within 5 mins of each other tbh. my GF got a call 10 days ago, and declined the offer as she wasnt aware i signed her up:mad:

but after hearing about the costs etc i wasnt too bothered. but then i got a call on thursday asking if i was still intrested? i said yeas, feck it i might aswell go for it as my dad got a new laptop and is intrested in getting one of these mobile kits, ie. meteor, O2, vodafone etc.

anyway, will keep informing of the trial.

ps - what are the benefits of getting to keep the modem after the trial?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

a free modem lol.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

metalfest wrote: »
    a free modem lol.....

and 50 euro free meteor credit ha ha

it's crazy, my sister has a 3modem, on xp and vista you need software,
    .......but when i installed ubuntu it automatically recognised it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

You dont need software. Three thinks you do. You can still use it without the provided software once you install the drivers.

but like, i just stuck it in, and it recognised it,
    and two seconds later hey presto i'm online....

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

Well i eventually got it setup today had to get new sim due to the 619 error. Ive been getting the following speeds all afternoon 365343217.png
    Not bad speed but would like to see faster.
    In the deansgrange area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

What software do you need. The drivers are on the modem, the newer modems dont even have the cd. Who told her you need software?

Where'd you get the new SIM? Post or pick-up. Still haven't received anything myself :(

Walkman wrote: »
    What software do you need. The drivers are on the modem, the newer modems dont even have the cd. Who told her you need software?

well when it wouldn't connect ot the internet via her vista pc, xp pc or her xp latptop, even with and without three modem software it gives a hint...

well when it wouldn't connect ot the internet via her vista pc, xp pc or her xp latptop, even with and without three modem software it gives a hint...

You only need drivers and the correct settings.

The software sets this all up automatically for you.

• Advertisement

but it didn't work, i'm just saying. it just would not work for her.

but it didn't work, i'm just saying. it just would not work for her.
    Did she enter the AT command strings for the modem?

not too sure what that means, but if you look at it simply,
    three cd,
    installed it.
    could not connect to internet
    uninstalled it.
    had to remove it manually
    internet, did not work

that happened for two pc's (one vista one xp) and a laptop(xp)

but without installing what was on the cd on the same laptop(now running ubuntu) it automatically recognised it and i was able to surf the net

lol, btw meteor FTW ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

not too sure what that means, but if you look at it simply,
    three cd,
    installed it.
    could not connect to internet
    uninstalled it.
    had to remove it manually
    internet, did not work

that happened for two pc's (one vista one xp) and a laptop(xp)

but without installing what was on the cd on the same laptop(now running ubuntu) it automatically recognised it and i was able to surf the net

lol, btw meteor FTW ...

Did she read the instructions? Was the cd not for mac users?

she read em and nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

ozymandius wrote: »
    Where'd you get the new SIM? Post or pick-up. Still haven't received anything myself :(

Nothing here either.

Has anyone else received their replacement SIM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Nope, nothing here either. Called them yesterday about it and was told they were only posted on Monday. Guy on the phone said he'd get another one sent out to me

Finally back on-line. Rang CS again yesterday and this time they said it was OK to call into a shop. Which I did. Took 2 mins. Apparently there was another delay in sending out SIMs.

Mr. MBB - whilst I understand this is a trial and all ... you need to improve communications to trial customers. I've been without the service for just short of a week now. Please make announcements here or on http://www.meteor.ie/broadband/ or somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Decaydub

Metalfest, I have the same problem - modem works fine on an XP machine but won't connect on my Vista PC, it seems to be a problem with IP address allocation in Vista but I haven't managed to find a way around it yet and Meteor haven't responded to an email I sent them about it - maybe MBB could cast some light on it?

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Decaydub wrote: »
    I have the same problem - modem works fine on an XP machine but won't connect on my Vista PC,

When you right click on the start button what is the modem showing up as? Is it showing up at all...?

Can you list the programs on your vista machine? Sonic, Bullguard etc?

Advertisement