Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two months - Argentina and Brazil

• 17-10-2008 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

Hi there,

Just looking for tips as I'm planning a two month trip to South America early next year and planning on just sticking to Argentina and Brazil.

Meathlass if you're out there, I know you're a resident SA expert, so any advice is welcomed!

We don't want to rush around so I thought two countries in two months was good enough. I'd love to do the Inca Trail in Peru too, but thought maybe we'd leave that to another time.

What would anyone think of this amount of time to see the highlights? Also, I've heard loads about Argentina, but not much about Brazil and what's to see/do there..

Thanks and sorry for the vague query!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

If you can fit it in/ get a cheap flight I'd definitely recommend Patagonia, it was my highlight of Argentina. Perito Moreno glacier is touristy but is amazing!!! Bariloche and El Bolson are worth a visit in Argentina. I'm assuming BA will be included anyway! The Iguazu falls would prob be the ideal border cross and are worth seeing from both the Brazil and Argentina side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stevefinnan

descry wrote: »
    If you can fit it in/ get a cheap flight I'd definitely recommend Patagonia, it was my highlight of Argentina. Perito Moreno glacier is touristy but is amazing!!! Bariloche and El Bolson are worth a visit in Argentina.

I would defenitley second the Patagonia recommendation. I am not sure if you are into hiking but Torres del Paine national park in southern Chile was one of the best experiences i had in my travels. It is fairly easily accesiable from El Calafate which is where you go to see the Perito Moreno glacier. I would also really recommend El Chalten and the fitz roy trek is an amazing one day walk.

Advertisement