Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flag Football 08/09

Options
  • 17-10-2008 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Flag Football is the non-contact version of American Football and the season is starting soon.
    American Football has been growing over the past few years and there are now teams in the West.

pm me if you want any more info on our sport.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I have usually been iffy in the past about setting up this but then I think that there is interest and that with new teams being set up recently I don't see why Galway can't have one soon

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rumplestiltskin

i like to know more

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

Are the teams mixed or is it men only? Please post some more details. I've looked it up online to see what it's about but still unsure of what it entails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Ya I'd like some more info too

Girls as far as I know are allowed to play. The Strongbows a Flag Football team from Waterford have two

You can register as many players as you want but only 10 are allowed to take part in a game. Irish games here it's usually 5 V 5 (someone correct me if I'm wrong )

I was hoping to get a team together to particpate in some tournaments and with new teams propping all over the place hopefully we can get something going soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

i'd play for abit of craic!

chrussell wrote: »
    i'd play for abit of craic!

Good to know:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

i like to know more

Google is your friend. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭TITAN #1

The version of Flag Football that we use is the 5v5 European rules.
    This is a sport recognised and promoted bt the NFL and has it's own European and World Championships, though Ireland has yet to muster a team.

We will start our league soon but first we have a tourny with the Leicester Eagles on the 1st Nov in Dublin.

Many of the flag teams have been able to move on to play in the IAFL 8 a side tackle football league, so Flag Football is a gateway sport.

There is interest in Galway to get a team going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭TITAN #1

Where did you all go?

• Advertisement

TITAN #1 wrote: »
    Where did you all go?

We're too busy trying to set up the team;)

Advertisement