Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB to MIDI Cable Help!

Options
  • 17-10-2008 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Howiya's,

Right so this is the situation.

I'm using Cubase SX. I play guitar n' write songs with Guitar Pro 4. When I'm happy with the song I export the drum track, import it to Cubase and then record the guitars, vocals etc...

Or at least I would if the drums didn't sounds like poo!!

The VST drums I've downloaded don't seem to sound that good either.
    I have this (http://store.drumbum.com/media/yamaha-drum-machine-7pc.jpg) drum machine, it has MIDI out on it.

I was wondering, coz the sounds on this are perfect (for me :pac:), could I use a USB to Midi cable and get Cubase to use the midi sounds from the drum machine on the imported drum track???

(I know the cable is used mainly to turn midi instruments into triggers for sounds on a pc, I'm basically wondering is the opposite is possible)

Thanks in advance...

Comments

Advertisement