Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoke v Spurs - Predictions

Options
  • 17-10-2008 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭

Well, our 8th game of the season, and who would have thought it would be a 6-pointer in a relegation battle? I certainly wouldn't, but the fact remains that our beloved team is in tatters. Players who seem to lose any confidence they had once they put on the shirt and who never perform to the level we need. A manager who doesn't seem to be able to figure out his best team and makes strange substitutions, and last but not least, a board that is intent on providing the wrong players to its manager and getting rid of the best players for a profit, regardless of the effects on the teams capabilities to perform in the Premiership.

This is genuinely the lowest I've felt about supporting Spurs in all my years as a fan. I see no light at the end of the tunnel, and excuses about needing a bit of luck don't wash with me. I almost welcome the international break as it means I don't need to worry about Spurs for a couple of weeks.

And here we have Stoke away, the lowest points scorers of the promoted trio, yet even that doesn't inspire confidence in Spurs getting a result. Like Mark Lawernson on the BBC, I expect nothing more than a draw. In fact, I'd almost be surprised at a draw, so I'm going to go for a Spurs loss. I feel we'll be bullied around by the Stoke players, and seeing as we can't score for love nor money, we'll lose, as Stoke are bound to score at least once.

Stoke v Spurs Result - what do you reckon? 18 votes

Stoke Win
    0% 0 votes
    Draw
    66% 12 votes
    Spurs Win
    33% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

I felt the performance was a little better against Hull than we have played in other matches this season. I also feel that the players, the manager and the coach felt this also. So because of this I feel we will have a little more confidence than we have had, plus the rest and the international distractions may have helped them with individual confidence (at International level anyway). I normally would have gone for the win, but although confidence might be a little higher, we still have technical problems all over the field, so I am going for a draw, but hopefully another improved performance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

not because i honestly believe it but because it is a must result!!

spurs to win by the odd goal. maybe one nil or 2-1.

it has to be. nothing else is worth thinking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Teddy Vedder

2-1 spurs although the games arent goin our way at all i feel we can get the win over stoke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

we have to win sometime why not this sunday,i cannot comprehend any other result with the goons and pool around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

I've been wrong with my last seven predictions so I think I'm gonna hit the jackpot this time!
    I'm going for a 2 (maybe even 3 or 4) - 1 win for Spurs.

Our season begins on Sunday. (?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

1-0 Stoke maybe 2-0.

Sorry, Just can't see how we will create/score at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

They have to cop on to themselves at some stage so I am going for a Spurs win.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

another 1-0 defeat looks likely here if im being optimistic 0-0 is the best we can hope for.

on paper we should hammer them unless its current form you look at!!

i honestly believe that spurs cannot afford to loose this game. just as we are talking of relegation you can bet the players are whispering about it too.

they understand this as well and must see this as a chance to get a few points and a bit of confidence from to try put an end to the start of the season we have had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

My prediction vote was a draw but I hope to god we get the win we need so badly.

Ramos should send out an attacking side and really go for it. I'm sure with a win under our belt the players would have a little more self belief.

i reckon if we lose to stoke they'll have to do something with ramos as in sack him but i fear they may wait til the next transfers window nd buy new player,

but can we wait that long??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

If we can't beat Stoke, we're in trouble. I think we can get one or two, and Pavlyuchenko can build some confidence. Spurs win.

happy enough with the starting 11. pretty strong side.......

COME ON YOU SPURS

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭RAUL DUKE

Great start!:(

Well done Bent

big hint of offside but its our first bit of luck in the league this season.

bale was unlucky that the ball got caught in his legs but once the pen was given it had to be red as well.

great response from the boys....

so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Good old spurs def, Letting every ****ing thing in. Useless

I really really really HATE Jermaine Jenas

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

There's too much to say about this game so I'm going to say one good thing.

Aaron Lennon looked the business today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

We are in serious trouble lads surely Ramos has to go how long can we let this go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

and what do the same as last season?

Tottenham Hotspur need some stability, a season where maby only 2 players come in to the club and one or so out.

Ramos should to stay and get Spurs to 15th in the league which is probably just a bit under where you should expect to be. A top 12 finish with spurs squad is a big achievment.

i have never been so low in life as a spurs fan. this is hard to take. at one stage the commentator said spurs have had twice as many attempts on goal and stoke have twice as many goals.

i will always have a soft spot for tottenham always but right now its looking like a very small spot!

i didnt see the hull game and just got the result and laughed (more a i dont believe this laugh than a ha ha this is funny laugh or david seaman laugh-during the week-prick-) now is frightening.

i really believe we are in trouble. not for the short term but long term too. relegation is possible(only 1 team with as many pts as us at this stage has ever got out of it) and it will be damaging to the club financialy and player wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

We will be relegated this season. I have no doubt about that. The club is in freefall and there's nobody at the club equiped with skills or ability to reverse this.

If we stay up it will be a minor miracle, and will probabally invlove a arab sheik.
    I fully expect us to be playing in the championship next season.

This is our worst position in 30 years - just hope it's a blip and not the begining of a dark depressing long term period.
    I'm sure the major shareholders won't mind too much though - profits expected to be announced next week.
    Something wrong there - what a contridiction - could only happen at Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Jenas was truly dreadful today, one of the worst performances of his I've seen.

Game was scuppered after Bale sent off, but they did well to get back to 1-1.

Defence went to sh1te after that.

Dawson shouldn't have been sent off and Bent had a serious claim for handball late on.

However, these are the tiny moments that can turn things in football.

It's looking pretty bleak.

IanCurtis wrote: »
    Dawson shouldn't have been sent off .

?????????????????

you serious?

it was a horror tackle. over the ball n could easily have broken the boys leg!

he got his rewards for a poor tackle and will deserve whatever punishment the fa give for his reaction.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We will be relegated this season. I have no doubt about that. The club is in freefall and there's nobody at the club equiped with skills or ability to reverse this.

If we stay up it will be a minor miracle, and will probabally invlove a arab sheik.
    I fully expect us to be playing in the championship next season.

This is our worst position in 30 years - just hope it's a blip and not the begining of a dark depressing long term period.
    I'm sure the major shareholders won't mind too much though - profits expected to be announced next week.
    Something wrong there - what a contridiction - could only happen at Spurs.
    I have to agree with you there. People keep saying that we'll pull it together, but with performances like that, we deserve to go down. How a team with such good names can play so badly together is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

keane=cock wrote: »
    ?????????????????

you serious?

he got his rewards for a poor tackle and will deserve whatever punishment the fa give for his reaction.
    Agreed he was usless as ever - but you yhink this is bad, wait till Ities get hold of us on Thursday

Corluka, Pav, Dawson, Bale, Gomes, all will be missing:rolleyes:

Kold wrote: »
    Aaron Lennon looked the business today.

he may have but at this rate all our players will do the business by the time were relegated:rolleyes:
    i mean O'Hara did the business last week next week it'll be someone else

RAMOS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

keane=cock wrote: »
    ?????????????????

you serious?

keane=cock = cock

You half-wit

Please don't post anymore moronic ill-informed dickhead comments

Advertisement