Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How accurate is your ("homemade" if you've painted it) Madbull Chrono

Options
  • 17-10-2008 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

I was curious about the madbull chrono wrt accuracy etc. I think (though could be wrong) that if there is ever a legal issue wrt guns being over the legal limit simply chronoing the gun isn't enough as
    1. it's not regularly calibrated
    2. there's no cert of conformance, cert of accuracy etc etc (afaik).
    Anyway that's for another day.

Madbull were unable to give me any degree of accuracy for their chronos but here's what they did tell me:
    Some magazine did a review of chronos inc the madbull one. Here's some info on the testing which some might find interesting:

The chronos were tested using a TM VSR10 & MP5 SD5 with Excel 0.2g bbs. The VSR 10 was checked against (this is the important bit) a Skan Pro-1 chrono calibrated against a master chrono with ISO 9001/9003 certification traceable to the National Physics Lab (in US I presume).

Here are the results, other irrelevant data removed.

EDIT: guess it doesn't handle tables too well. Here's a screeshot

Chrono comparison

Pretty decent accuracy IMO.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Thats very interesting. I have a madbull chrono myself which I use when testing the guns and before /after upgrades.
    Its comforting to know that the chrono is accurate like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I've been meaning to buy a chrono too but everytime I think for the price
    they are I could spend the cash on a GBB or put it towards an AEG.
    And since I dont play I'd only use it once in a blue moon.

With that said I'm currently waiting to borrow a friends one.
    Its a real steel one ie not designed specifically for airsoft.
    Have had trouble with it in the past with it actually registering the BB's
    (and even sometimes it fails to see shots with my rimfire rifle)

I may buy this at some stage as I could use it for both airsoft and shooting
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/F1-Chrony-Rifle-Bullet-Velocity-Chronograph_W0QQitemZ150290659556QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150290659556&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

bullets wrote: »
    I've been meaning to buy a chrono too but everytime I think for the price

They're not that expensive; the one I got from the US was very reasonably priced; will see if I can find the link.
    If you're doing any upgrades or begin to skirmish more regularly it is handy to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭HarryHirsch

Tchnically a chono is nothing else as two photo sensors that measure the time, to get the speed. Nowerdays all available on cheap microchips. The only problem is the exact distance between the two sensors.

Advertisement