Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment of commercial invoice

Options
  • 17-10-2008 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi All,

Can someone tell me what my rights are in relation to recieving a final invoice for contruction work carried out on a commercial premises.

I heard it was 6-weeks from the date of invoice, is this correct?

Slimbo

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Incorrect, it is what ever was agreed when negotiating the contract. If you did not negotiate anything it is what ever terms the charging company decides to be, be that one day or one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭patpark121

As Nody has stated it is whatever terms were negotiated at start. If no payment terms were quoted it is generally regarded as 30 days standard or immediate if overdue. Most commercial invoices carry terms & can range from 30 - 90 days for payment. As its construction you can assume the terms are ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Don't worry I'm sure they'll start ringing when they consider it due but most give a grace of 30 days and then maybe post date a couple of cheques just to get a little bit extra.

Advertisement