Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eamon Keane is to satire what Eamon Dunphy is to Ice Skating

• 17-10-2008 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

FACT!

Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Couldn't agree more, the mans attempts at humour are embarrising!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

I presume this thread is in response to his earlier cringeworthy attempt at humour with that Willie O' Dea sketch.

How does he get away with this sh1te? I get the impression that he finds himself hilarious and much like David Brent people are just too embarressed or polite to tell him the truth.

Also today he interupted an interesting report on emmigration with "Breaking News" about a spanish airline going bust that went something like this:

EK: So what affect will this have on Irish travellers?
    Guest: None at all

Was that really worth cutting a report short for that......?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep, he did a few of these a while back then stopped, sadly he (or his idiot producer) seems to have forgotten how awful these skits are.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

I don't listen to Eamonn Keane because of that breaking news shíte he used to go on with. It was up there with the Sky News newsflash. Are these attempts at humour any worse than when Joe Duffy used to invite Brush Shiels and some other mong on for an hour and a half of aural torture on a Friday? Singing stupid songs, trying to be funny, and laughing at the kind of caller who thinks he is a legendary Dublin wit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Unfortunately, funny Friday on liveline still happens. It's either the first of last Friday of every month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:confused::confused:

Lot of anger in this thread...I'll just keep moving on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

IronMan wrote: »
    Are these attempts at humour any worse than when Joe Duffy used to invite Brush Shiels and some other mong on for an hour and a half of aural torture on a Friday? Singing stupid songs, trying to be funny, and laughing at the kind of caller who thinks he is a legendary Dublin wit.

Funny Friday is excellent, very funny. Brush is good too. Everyone has their opinions but I couldn't disagree with you more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Cole

The only time I listen to his show is when someone else is standing in for him, as I find him unbearable to listen to.
    All that breaking news stuff and trying to make some innocuous comment by a politician into some kind of controversial and exclusive scoop by his show.
    Funny Friday is excellent, very funny. Brush is good too.
    Paddy Cullivan (aka Clint Velour) is great on that also, but is at his uncensored best when playing live with the Camembert Quartet...they were actually my highlight of the Electric Picnic this year, hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭JimiMac

Cole wrote: »
    The only time I listen to his show is when someone else is standing in for him, as I find him unbearable to listen to.
    All that breaking news stuff and trying to make some innocuous comment by a politician into some kind of controversial and exclusive scoop by his show.

+1 that 'breaking news' is really annoying. I am not impressed with the guy who has stood in for him the last few times either. I can recall him getting quite aggressive in a couple of interviews. I thought he was there to ask questions - not force his own opinions on interviewees/listeners.

Slightly OT but is Tom Dunne any better than Orla Barry? I don't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

I'm afraid Newstalk will hve to do somehting about Eamon Keane his poor presentation and his continuous use of the phrase "breaking news" when there isn't any! The only breaking news that would be welcome would be if NT were to drop him from the schedule.

• Advertisement
Advertisement