Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test Questions?

Options
  • 17-10-2008 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I have the driving test in the morning and was just curious to know how many questions you get asked before the driving part? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I think I got asked about 3 or 4 about the RotR. Then to identify 2 or 3 signs.

After that there are a few questions about the car, i.e. How do you check oil etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

The recommendation given to testers is to ask 18 questions of which 10 will be road signs. The questions must cover the following topics (at least) : Pedestrian Crossings, Traffic Lights, Headlights (dipping), Road Markings, Right of Wayand of course Road Signs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tweedle_dum

had my test today, got asked 4 questions and 4 road signs so twas grand :) best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Bit of advice, if you don't know answer anyway. Was talking to an examiner recently who said it is amazing how many people say "I dunno" when asked a road sign or given a RotR question. You could amaze yourself and guess correctly :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm reading up on my Rules at the moment and find I know the answer to a good few of them but panic when my instructor asks me. Example- he asks 'When is it okay to overtake on the right?' Now my brain knows the answer but I find myself saying something like 'Eh, well- say I'm driving along and uh, well there's a car, uh, yeah a car and he might- no he is- I mean he's indicated, or she I suppose, hehe, is going right but I'm not, like I'm going straight.. or left, well either y'know and, eh...'
    The only solution I'm finding is to learn the answers word for word and practice saying them or I babble like an idiot. I hope I only get asked 3 or 4 when the test comes!
    OP, how did you get on in the test? Maybe the lack of a 2nd post is not a good sign..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I wouldn't go as far as to learn off your answers word for word. I'd just make up bullet points if your having trouble remembering them. The examiner will know you'll be under pressure, once you get the key points out, you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

had my test today, got asked 4 questions and 4 road signs so twas grand

Ditto, same here...

Advertisement