Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween

Options
  • 17-10-2008 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Ok so its 2 weeks away but you gotta plan early IMO. Where is going to be the best spot for fancy dress this year? And where is the best place to get a fancy dress costume. Ill be honest ive never gone out dressed up in Dublin ever on Halloween but this year for some reason, i feel the need!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭JMCD

Depends on your age sarge.........18-22 year olds id imagine will be heading towards barcode or that, as for the older crowd I aint sure.

There is a costume shop in clondalkin village and if im not mistaken there is one beside the gaeity just of stephens green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Sgt Slaughter

Im the wrong side off 22 but only just! Barcode tends to be youngish, last thing i want is a place full only 18 year olds. Cheers forgot about the place beside the gaiety

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Make your own costume, rented ones are boring

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Best thing is to make your own. I'm dressing my 5y.o up as The Phantom Raspberry Blower (I'd to dig my old 2ronnies vids out to show her then I'd to dig the VHS out to play them on). Then you should just try the houses on the road. Bring a bag. Say 'help the hallowe'en party' and not the more vulgar 'trick or treat'. Get enough nuts and apples in the bag. Then take yourself off to the local 'bomber', stuff yourself. Bring some sparklers. Then home for a few festive games, bit of brack. Then off to bed.

Advertisement