Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend (17-18/10/08)

• 17-10-2008 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Friday Oct 17, 2008 Galway United 19 : 45 Bray Wanderers
    Friday Oct 17, 2008 Cork City 19 : 45 Drogheda United
    Friday Oct 17, 2008 Bohemians Dublin 19 : 45 Derry City
    followed by lifting of trophy :cool:
    Friday Oct 17, 2008 Finn Harps 20 : 00 Sligo Rovers
    Saturday Oct 18, 2008 Shamrock Rovers 20 : 00 St Patricks Athletic
    Saturday Oct 18, 2008 Cobh Ramblers 19 : 45 University College Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

SectionF wrote: »
    Friday Oct 17, 2008 Galway United 20 : 45 Bray Wanderers
    Friday Oct 17, 2008 Cork City 20 : 45 Drogheda United
    Friday Oct 17, 2008 Bohemians Dublin 20 : 45 Derry City
    followed by lifting of trophy :cool:
    Friday Oct 17, 2008 Shamrock Rovers 21 : 00 St Patricks Athletic
    Friday Oct 17, 2008 Finn Harps 21 : 00 Sligo Rovers
    Saturday Oct 18, 2008 Cobh Ramblers 20 : 45 University College Dublin

Rovers Pats is tomorrow.

Any news on your court case? Shame if the Carroll deal collapsing were to ruin the party. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

Any news on your court case? Shame if the Carroll deal collapsing were to ruin the party. :cool:

Sorry to dash your hopes, but it's been adjourned again until November 4th.

Hopefully we can beat Derry tonight, they've been a bit of a bogey team for us this year. I'm sure Fenlon would love to get a victory over them after how his tenure up there worked out. A win would set us up nicely for celebrations upon presentation of the trophy and keep up or momentum going into the cup semi-final against Pats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Rovers Pats is tomorrow.

Ta. Fixed now (I hope). RTE haven't done listing.

Court case is deferred. We won't be thinking about lawyers and accountants tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Publin wrote: »
    Sorry to dash your hopes, but it's been adjourned again until November 4th..

dash? thats great news. less likely you will have the money this season and more likely you will get the smiles wiped off your cheating faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

dash? thats great news. less likely you will have the money this season and more likely you will get the smiles wiped off your cheating faces.
    That's not nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

WILL YOU GIVE IT A REST PLEASE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

jaysus Galway smashing 4 past Bray!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

0-0 between City and Drogs. We were by far the better side, but created very very little. Drogs were happy with their point. They barely had a shot on goal. Very poor showing. Enjoyable game though.

Awful attendance of 2500 as well :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Terrible crowd alright, was expecting more especially given the good news this week. Oh well, I guess they'll pack the ground on Nov. 1st...

Thought it was funny how everyone knows Timmy's name after Tuesday :D. Gamble seemed mad to score tonight, pity he hit it over about 3 times.

Sully was definitely MOTM, he has impressed me all season. Good to see Behan back, have some options.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭aubhall

Cobh look to be back on track beating UCD 2-0.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Clinical stuff from Pats Guy tonight with what looked the perfect hat-trick compared to the wastefulness of other sides (UCD and Sligo in particular) at Tolka.

Still thought 1-3 flattered them as Rovers tired after a very good first half performance.

Shocking crowd..I'd say 1,250 at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dfx- wrote: »

Pathetic! 1.003 in Tolka last night for a game against Wexford, yet a team which claims to be the "biggest club" can't draw 250 more fans to the match, with 500 Pats fan and Wexford had about 50.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I wouldn't trade higher attendances for a First Division promotion chase though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I wouldn't trade higher attendances for a First Division promotion chase though..

Just saying.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Bray have gone crap again. It always happens once we get in sight of being safe. Winning against Derry last week has set us back now. :(

And we play Cobh next...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Bray have gone crap again. It always happens once we get in sight of being safe. Winning against Derry last week has set us back now. :(

And we play Cobh next...

Match fixing rumour doing the rounds;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Saw a guy in paddy power in santry collect 12k on the back of the bray game. Dont know if it made up part of an accum or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Bray can still be relegated. They'd be ****ing idiots to fix any game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

End-of-season run-out; difficult to attract people when there's little at stake.

Nice to see Pats bounce back from last week's dismal showing. Hopefully they'll build a bit of momentum ahead of the cup semi-final.

Still can't decide whether or not I like Guy, although if he keeps netting hat-tricks against Rovers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Rovers linked with Alan Matthews in the papers yesterday, i see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Irish under23 lost 2-1 to Belgium in a challenge trophy..All they needed was a point to go through and face England or Italy..hard luck lads

Advertisement