Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Star Wars, i mean, Trek movie

• 17-10-2008 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else slightly worried about this movie?

From the pics, it looks like a spoof movie, they all look about 16, even Zachary Quintos (Spock) who is actually 31. I dont know why they made him look alot younger. Also jj isnt actually a star trek fan, more a star wars fan. Wants to add a bit more of wars to trek, its like saying you want to add a bit more oil to water. They dont mix. War's is fine if you a fantasy sort of buzz, but trek is way more thinky.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

No, not worried at the moment. Really looking forward to it.

Star Trek has been so bad for near enough the last 10 years that Abrahms could be a big Lost in Space fan for all I care.. just so long as he's interested in shaking things up a bit.

From the photos, Kirk and Spock are the only ones that maybe "should" look older (being first and second in command of a starship). But Vulcans are very long lived -- regardless of appearance Spock is probably close to 90 years old at the time of the film. And Kirk is supposedly a bit of a young upstart and a prodigy. So yes, he is very young for a captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Well i hope its a good movie but the biggest fear, my greatest fear about this movie is i will think its ****e but that others (a allot of people) might like/love it and that is a serious concern to me. I love trek ive said countless times how much i lose it, this movie better not **** it all up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

I thought from the posters that it would be a real homage to the original series, a kind of kitsch throw-back of sorts that, at the same time, looked like it was going to be fresh and sexy as well.

With the new pics I'm thinking it might just turn out to be pants instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ive been thinking....

how smart are these public relations/marketing people? would they release images and info they know people will question. if your pysched 4 a movie from trailers or whatever it can be less than you expect. if you have low expecations 4 a movie it could suprise you and be better than you expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

User45701 wrote: »
    ive been thinking....

how smart are these public relations/marketing people? would they release images and info they know people will question. if your pysched 4 a movie from trailers or whatever it can be less than you expect. if you have low expecations 4 a movie it could suprise you and be better than you expect.
    I'm with you on that one.
    IMHO low expectations are pretty much key to enjoying almost any movie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Well it cant be any worse then TNG movies tbh.... Or can it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Manties wrote: »
    Well it cant be any worse then TNG movies tbh.... Or can it ?

Ah come on First Contact is one of the best Trek movies

Advertisement