Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL - Installation in City

• 17-10-2008 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi,

I was texted twice, e-mailed twice, rang once to remind me to be home for a 5 hour period waiting for an NTL installer, so after waiting for 8 days I cancelled everything I had to do that day, re-arranged it all and waited, and waited, then i waited some more and they didnt show.

So tried ringing their call centre about 5 times and have just been passed from person to person to person and spent most of my time on hold.

So i have a query;

- Is there an alternative to NTL? Living in city centre, would like TV & Broadband although could just use BB during the day

- Or is there independent NTL franchise in Waterford? Was given a number by my letting gaent but it doesnt work.

Many thanks,
    Luke

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

just get yourself sky if you want channels and eircom for your broadband both are more reliable than ntl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 amyloneill

i gave on ntl alone time ago . so i got eircom bb and sky of tv , ntl are the pits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Stay well away from NTL. It has been a nightmare. I have sent three letters to try to end my account with them.
    The customer service is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mang

climb up and connect yourself... :D
    the customer service are terrible, the service is always interupted, they cut me off after i payed my bill.. now they want me to pay for reconnection.. they may get the boat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

A couple of years ago I was waiting for them to call out to me and I got a call from the service lads asking me where is Yellow road, we cant find it, in Waterford I said, oh were in Dublin and the same mistake was repeated a few weeks later after having to re-make the appointment.

Still with em for the tele, but I dont watch heaps of that, but using irish bb ripwave and its quite good, and digiweb bb is also available and others so there are lots of options for BB providers.

This is a good site to find bb providers.

Broadband Government.ie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Got NTL when I used to live in Waterford besides the odd outage I couldn't fault them, was happy with the service for the two years I used it :)

Personally if I was to move back to Waterford and I wanted Broadband I woul;dn't touch Eircom with a barge pole I'd go with Smart,

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭MrLuke

thanks, got it sorted. Had NTL for a few years so decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. They showed up 5 days late, said I wasnt in when they called originally (surely they would of left a card to say they had been)

Anyways,
    fingers crossed I never need to ring them ever again.

Advertisement