Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow/Laois

Options
  • 17-10-2008 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Is anyone else in Carlow/Laois area getting bad ping at peak hours all of a sudden? Im in carlow town and its 200+ anytime after 8 and i know someone in Mountmellick in Laois who is having the same problems at the same times.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Carlow hangs off of portlaoise, they got their upgrade about 4 weeks ago and since then Carlow has been suffering.

We've 4 dsl lines in Carlow, 3 x 3meg (24:1) and 1 x 12meg (24:1) and they all suffer. The 12meg line gets between 700 and 900 KB/s at night, but gets 1.2MB/s during the day. So it's defo a scenario where they need to get the finger out and upgrade the backhaul capacity (big fat pipe) into the Carlow exchange.

Currently we've not been told of a date for this, yet.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭e-Mo0?

Cheers, hopefully soon getting a bit sick of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Tell me about it. It's faster for me to go into the office and download what I want, stick it on a USB key and go home again than it is to download at home. I get between 50 and 100KB/s in the evenings atm.

It's a real pain.

Advertisement