Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the water fountains around ucd

Options
  • 17-10-2008 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

are they actual proper drinkin water, or is it just normal tap water???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I find the one in the CS building has the best tasting water. The one in Newman is disgusting.

/edit: and tap water is drinking water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

What's wrong with tap water?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

No no no, drinking water is for drinking, tap water is for tapping! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

Enlil_Nick wrote: »
    What's wrong with tap water?

Ask anyone who's worked in the Dublin City Waterworks Department - my wife spent a summer job there when we were students, and now only drinks bottled water - and we don't even live in Dublin anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

well i always drink the water in CS and im ok! its sooo cold too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Man up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Nope its Ballygowan, its pumped in through gold pipes from a magical mountain made if money in Hugh Brady's back garden

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sean_K wrote: »
    I find the one in the CS building has the best tasting water. The one in Newman is disgusting.

/edit: and tap water is drinking water.

The one outside B1.09 in CS is fine to drink, the water doesn't taste like ass from that one like it does from some others around college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

The one in the library isn't too bad, but i might have to hunt out the one in cs. The arts building one is *vile*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

4th floor of the library has a lovely cold tap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

4th floor of the library has a lovely cold tap.

Good stuff, where abouts on the 4th floor??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Inglorious

There's a Ballygowan cooler in Roebuck, complete with those little disposable plastic cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Inglorious wrote: »
    There's a Ballygowan cooler in Roebuck, complete with those little disposable plastic cups.

theres also a ballygowan cooler up on the third floor of J in Newman.its up in the music department :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I love the way the one's in engineering are behind the toilets

Meh, I drink it anyway.
    I never got this whole "ooo if you knew about Irish water... Ooo" and thats basically all thats said. OH IF ONLY WE KNEW. But I haven't got sick yet, bigs up the immune system so ya know, I won't be switching.

I love the one on the library's 4th floor. Ooo cold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

gubbie wrote: »
    I love the way the one's in engineering are behind the toilets

Meh, I drink it anyway.
    I never got this whole "ooo if you knew about Irish water... Ooo" and thats basically all thats said. OH IF ONLY WE KNEW. But I haven't got sick yet, bigs up the immune system so ya know, I won't be switching.

I love the one on the library's 4th floor. Ooo cold

I posted a complaint/suggestion thing ones explaining the coldness:deliciousness ratio of the drinking water, and complaining that the 1st floor fountain's lack of coldness, relative to the 4th was costing me a lot of time in procrastination...

I think they fixed it, ultimately. The 1st floor one is at least chilled now, if not as icy as its counterpart.

Advertisement