Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

marui piston head

Options
  • 17-10-2008 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

is there a trick to getting this off?
    trying to upgrade my spring

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

yea, the screw is hidden

easiest way to get it off is to wrap a cloth around the piston head (where the o-ring is) and use a vice grips to unscrew it. The cloth is so you dont damage the piston head.

There's a metal washer inside the piston which the spring hooks onto and then the piston head screws into to hold everything together, if you're upgrading the spring, it wont have a hook to go onto that washer, but you'll need to put the washer back in anyway so that the piston head has something to screw into.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

still not unscrewing, ive been working on it for an hour.
    ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

you unscrewing it the right (left) way? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

you can remove the cap thats on the top of the piston, its a small little circular piece of about 5mm that they stick in ontop of the screw. use a stanley blade or something similar to get it out, ya dont really need the cap on but if you can get it out without damaging it, stick it back in later with some glue on it.,

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

i got it off but tbh ive made such a mess of it im just going to buy a new one tomorrow in eirsoft.
    kicking myself for not ordering a piston and head when i got the rest of the stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement