Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revels, bring back coffee quick.

• 17-10-2008 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

Well coffee got voted out and they replace it with what??

I finally got a bag of Revels with the new mystery sweet and OMG it is awful!
    What is it meant to be, Cherry?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!

I knew it was going to be Coffee but FU(K! That's my favourite one. Feck sake like, you can buy chocolate raisins, Maltesers, caramel sweets and chocolate ones elsewhere.. the coffee and orange ones are the only unique sweets in Revels, and the nicest.

This makes me very angry :mad:

People are idiots.

Well I most definately won't be buying Revels anymore.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

baxtards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

And I must have voted for the peanut one to be removed about 10,000 times! :mad:

And while we're at it, bring back the coffe one in Roses as well!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I too like the coffee ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

they are the nicest ones ! im sad now :( i wont be buying them anymore !

fu(k sake !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

Bah! My only consolation is that it wasn't the orange one. Now I have to go try the mystery flavour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

the coffee one was my favourite
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Let's hope this is the only election that doesn't go our way this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

kleefarr wrote: »
    NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

And I must have voted for the peanut one to be removed about 10,000 times! :mad:

What peanut one? There was chocolate, caramel, coffee, raisin, orange and Malteser.

I am disappointed - while not my favourite, the coffee Revel was unique. If I wanted Maltesers, I'd buy a bag of maltesers. The caramel aren't nice - they're too hard. Chocolate raisins can easily be bought at a pick n mix.
    Coffee and orange were the only irreplaceable ones. :(

I will still buy a bag and try the mystery flavour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I'm sure there was peanut..

Revels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I love coffee and could drink it till its coming out of my ears.

Coffee sweets, cakes and any other coffee flavoured foods are disgusting imo.

I don't know why but i just cant stand the taste of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

They'll probably re-release them with the original lineup and call it Revels Classic.

Coffee was my fav, surely dropping the Malteser would have made sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think it's meant to be Strawberry...

I hate strawberry chocolates, I always leave those in the tin at christmas :(

kleefarr wrote: »

How? There has been no peanut one for years!

+1 on the Coffee Rose though. Coffee + chocolate = the sex

phasers wrote: »
    I hate strawberry chocolates, I always leave those in the tin at christmas :(

Madness :eek: I make a beeline straight for the strawberry chocolates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Good riddance, coffee ones are rotten. *puke noise*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Ruu wrote: »

+1 million. Eating revels was like playing russian roulette with sweeties. You'd have to pray you didn't get a coffee one and then if you did spit it out really quickly.

The orange ones are pretty mank too, which is why I stopped eating revels. I realised I only like the malteser, caramel or plain choc ones so it seemed a bit pointless buying revels anymore.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yay, my vote won!

I feel the russian roulette element of Revels is what makes them fun. I have to try a tiny bite of chocolate around the edge of each one first. If it's coffee or orange, it gets discarded (after I've eaten all the chocolate off, taking care not to taste the inside). I have a cup next to me at the end full of orange and coffee!

I don't really understand eating revels when you don't like the two flavours that make them what they are. Everything but coffee and orange is sold separately.

I tried two shops today and neither of them had the new packets :mad:

Ruu wrote: »
    I have absolutely no respect for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Their are still some "new" bags of Revels around with coffee sweets still in them. Found one today.
    HMMMMMM coffee goodness :D

ARGINITE wrote:
    Their are still some "new" bags of Revels around with coffee sweets still in them.
    Contradiction in terms, no? :confused:

Do the packets with the new flavour say it on the outside? I still haven't found one locally.

I finally found the new packets in a Spar in town, I had to try quite a few places. I think it's meant to be strawberry, although if you told me they'd put two new flavours in I'd believe you. It seemed to vary a fair bit. Not sure I'd be bothered with it, I think the coffee probably fits in better with the others.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Dammit, was at the shop last night and bought a big bag of old Revels, then today I saw the new bag! Grr! Fecking one last night was full to the gills of coffee and orange too :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I voted for Coffee to go haha, must try the new one so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I can't understand why people don't like the coffee one, it's the nicest of the lot, hate the malteaser one.

GDM wrote: »
    I can't understand why people don't like the coffee one, it's the nicest of the lot, hate the malteaser one.

I used to be annoyed by the malteser, but then I started letting it melt in my mouth instead of biting it and it's much nicer.

GDM wrote:

+1 million

I like Maltesers, but the Malteser one in Revels isn't even a Malteser. It's a manky Malteser. Like a gone-off Malteser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

ah man i really liked the coffee one but at least the orange is still there looking forward to trying the strawberry one though i luv strawberry chocs they should have got rid of the raisin or gone off malteaser tasting one!!!:D

Advertisement