Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Cost-Reducing Travellers' ID Card?

• 17-10-2008 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Is there a youth card for people who aren't students that would save you money in Hostels & savings on the Road in General? What is the best to have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Deemol

I just got the VIP card from Usit as part of my package when booking my trip to Oz, seems to have alot of places all over the world on it but havent used it yet so not sure if these places are any good or how much of a discout i will be getting

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mikey One

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

We got a YHA card but doesnt really offer a discount just stops you havng to pay a €3 a night extra fee in YHA hostels.... no great benefits as of yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

If you're going to NZ, the BBH card is a no brainer - they have a good range of hostels all over the country, and the discounts are definitely worthwhile. You'll get the value of the card back in a few nights ... they also give you a handy accomodation guide with all of the hostels rated by users.

http://www.bbh.co.nz/

Edit: They also give you a 20$ international phone card, I think I got 6 hours of talk to Ireland from that!!!

Advertisement