Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Throwing Cigerette Butts out Car Windows

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

I sometimes smoke while driving around on me motorbike, esp thru town, when Im going slow....

Now where should I put my Butt when finished... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I have to say, I regularly do this.:o

I'm pretty sly about it. I have a good look round first to make sure no one sees me and then I put my hand out the window and just let it drop.

On the street, i'l never litter if possible. I always put them out in the ashtray.

I dunno, I just don't want them in my car. But I accept it's wrong. Ironically, i'm very against littering. But a butt is so small and non descript, I suppose I don't really class it as littering really. But I suppose it is.

I said I would give up smoking for good after my birthday which is tomorrow so there will be no more fag throwing out windows for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Tri wrote: »
    I have to say, I regularly do this.:o

I'm pretty sly about it. I have a good look round first to make sure no one sees me and then I put my hand out the window and just let it drop.

On the street, i'l never litter if possible. I always put them out in the ashtray.

I dunno, I just don't want them in my car. But I accept it's wrong. Ironically, i'm very against littering. But a butt is so small and non descript, I suppose I don't really class it as littering really. But I suppose it is.

I said I would give up smoking for good after my birthday which is tomorrow so there will be no more fag throwing out windows for me.

Homophobe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Homophobe!

HA - I was thinking that that sentence may attract the wrong attention.

Frankly, they ruin the upholstery in my car with their hijinks and I can't see out my back window with their bobbing arses.

I'm hoping to pass my test soon so they had to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I throw my Cigarette out the window after dowsing a house in petrol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Yeah, I hate when some fag sticks his ass out the window at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭chosen1

Didnt they try and light a pool of petrol with a cigarette on mythbusters and found it impossible. Said it could be done in theory but only if the cigarette was being drawn on as it made contact with the petrol vapours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭reggiethefirst

Dinter wrote: »
    Yep I hate that too. Plus whatever about looking messy the butts aren't biodegradeable and carry a load of toxins that end up being washed into shores and from there into the water table.

Tbh it's just laziness to drop them.

The butts are biodegradable, admittedly they do take between 1 and 5 years to break down depending on what the moisture in the area, but they definitely ARE biodegradable.

Advertisement