Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did Digiweb learn their customer care skills from NTL?

Options
  • 17-10-2008 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

So, I have a broadband issue, nothing unusual there. Some may say I am lucky to have a 5mb connection but I live in Dublin and this sort of service is not exactly scarce.

I emailed the support function with my issue and even sent them a screen capture of my pitiful connection speed.

Next day I got a response back saying we wont touch your support case unless you send a screen capture proving that you are not using a wireless router etc ...etc. Which is what I did. They also asked for multiple instances of the capture tool to be run at various times of the day! - I have a job!

Anyway, I sent them back a mail saying, yes there was no WLAN involved and I cant really run multiple scans as I am not there during the day.

So I wait a day - no response, email again and wait two more days - still no response.

Eventually I call them today and I get through quickly (not so NTL like on this front) so it starts.....

....yeah I can see you emailed....
    ...there is not much I can do.....
    ....its in a queue and they get through them as quickly as they can.....
    ...no, I have no idea when they will get to your ticket......
    ....I don't do that bit I just take the calls.....
    ...anyway its not as though is not working at all, you have some connectivity....
    ...its better than nothing....

I am paying for a 5mb connection, I understand that things break or go wrong. However, getting an IP address and a connection to the internet is a commodity these days. How you set yourself apart as a provider is via proper and decent customer service!!!!

If it goes on much longer I think Magnet looks like an option

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I had to mail them with speedtests and it take approx 3 days for them to reply to mails.
    I'm on 6meg metro which is rubbish as the day goes on because of contention.I'm only getting 1mb as we speak.
    lol "up to 6meg" ,my Bo***x.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

I am having a headache with them also - dropout in connection when they advertise it does not happen with their service - i'm still getting to the root of the problem over time as they are not taking responability for the issue - i do have to say i'm finding the people there are becoming ruder as the months go on ....

What routers are you using btw - I'm starting to believe now the one they sent me is part of the problem and am going to invest in one myself - I'm not well up on this stuff but after talking to one or two people I get the feeling free router means .....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Shh Watty will be along to say that Dodgyweb are great and you all don't know what ye are talking about very soon...

To the OP, you are never guaranteed the full 5mb, and I agree that their attitude is abysmal, do the "This call is being recorded for customer service quality enforcement issues" line when they say their name on the phone, lets see how they react to that. BTW do actually record what they say so you can send it to the company later if you have not gotten the issue resolved in a timely manner.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭mcloughl

the guy was actually getting quite irate with me....it was like.."listen <myname> there is nothing I can do....

Like I said, problems happen but its how you handle them and deal with your customer that sets you apart.

A colleague of mine who lives in the US has a 15mb Fiber connection to his house. He gets a regular download speed of 1.5mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

game4it70 wrote: »
    I had to mail them with speedtests and it take approx 3 days for them to reply to mails.
    I'm on 6meg metro which is rubbish as the day goes on because of contention.I'm only getting 1mb as we speak.
    lol "up to 6meg" ,my Bo***x.

And here's me thinking that I'm the only one on the network with an issue ... at least, thats what it feels like when I'm talking to them on the phone.

I've also been waiting quite some time for them to get back to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Had my first non-satisfactory call with Digiweb tech support yesterday evening at abuot 16:50 or so. Either the guy I spoke to had had an absolutely horrid day, was really, really looking forward to clocking off at 17:00 or I'm such an obnoxious user/caller that he felt the need to interrupt everything, talk over me or ask me to send in yet another screenshot of ping tests (seriously, is this the only possible question that can be asked by the tech support guys/gals in there?)

The tech line used to be such a refreshing change from the scripted monkeys of Eircom :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

3 weeks for a DNS update! They managed to tarnish their reputation with me on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

The ones who interupt me mid sentence are always apologetic when I pull them on it - guess they have no choice :) - nothing worse than being interupted - I have absolutly no time for it .
    Everytime I'm onto them now I do explain to them first that this issue has been ongoing for over a year now and that I'm normally a patient guy but now it's wearing thin . Kinda puts them on their toes I think :)

Starting to think now it is and issue in the general area - Phoned a few neighbours over the last few days and all of them are experiencing probs with broadband - out in the country u see - but no one will take responsibility for it - digiweb piggybacking on and eircom line - not a very confidence inspiring conbination ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

i found it funny that a company that sells webhosting and broadband was unable to provide me with a webpage to pay online.
    (yes they do have a credit card form when you are signing up but I got free hosting so I didn't fill this out - then later i got a couple of domain names from them and they couldn't give me a link to pay.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

digiweb piggybacking on and eircom line - not a very confidence inspiring conbination ...
    In fairness to digiweb most DSL providers in the country do the same thing if they're going through an unbundled exchange.

• Advertisement
Advertisement