Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attention All LCVP'ers

Options
  • 17-10-2008 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Has everyone finished their summary reports ?

What are your views on the course ?

How has it gone so far ?

Distinction on the horizon ? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Boring as Hell and everything I've done is really half-assed. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

Has everyone finished their summary reports ?

What are your views on the course ?

How has it gone so far ?

Distinction on the horizon ? :D
    yep.
    I'm just using it incase I crack on the day of one of the more important exams...
    boring...
    I hope so but doubt it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Have to agree with Davidius. Its not that interesting. Sometimes I even forget I'm doing the subject.
    On a side note, I have this weird feeling that I know you Davidius:confused:......nah, just my imagination :D.

Yes.
    Crap. Using it for backup.
    Its going swell. Still boring though.
    Yes please.

HUNK wrote: »
    On a side note, I have this weird feeling that I know you Davidius:confused:......nah, just my imagination :D.

LIQUID!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

I dont find it boring at all, but its almost in the back of my head like CSPE was in Junior Cert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

LCVP IS:

a gloriously harrowing subject that ought to be put to death like the medical cards!

How ANYONE stands it is a mystery!!!

I want to do Religion with the other half of the year!

so to answer, LCVP is a great pile of pointless nothing!!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

What do people do in LCVP? Is it just like an extra subject for the LC?

Piste wrote: »
    What do people do in LCVP? Is it just like an extra subject for the LC?
    You take it instead of a language, most people do it as it offers more points if you were doing a ordinary level language. What they say it does is - Prepare you for the world of work :P

So what kinda stuff do you do on it? And do all NUIs accept it as an alternative to a language?

Piste wrote: »
    So what kinda stuff do you do on it? And do all NUIs accept it as an alternative to a language?
    Basically its simply business, get entrepreneurs in and get talks, have a mini company, get work experience, go on visit outs. Very simple work 5 classes a week which include 2 main LCVP classes, 1 computer class, 1 Basic Language class (counting to ten etc) and 1 Careers class. Not to sure about NUIs, I know they are slowly drifting away from having a language, and for some courses like enginerring you dont need a language. But i think all colleges except it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Our class have a theory that its the leaving Cert version of CSPE. Pointless and equally painful.

Our class have a theory that its the leaving Cert version of CSPE. Pointless and equally painful.
    But CSPE was a walk in the park. I thought everyone else would love LCVP, its the highlight of my school day :rolleyes:

I dunno, sounds like something I'd hate, give me French any day!

I think it's a good option to have though.

LCVP instead of a language? Never heard of that. I do French and LCVP. D:

We only get two classes each week. Enterprise education and Careers. A handful of us don't get to do the computer class because we do honours maths instead. Don't see why they couldn't run it alongside religion.

The main thing I don't like about it is that they keep telling us to treat it like all our other exam subjects...except it's worth less points. :pac:

Not to mention I wasn't really interested in doing it in the first place. They just decided I was because I have one of the subject combinations. Also the careers teacher doesn't seem to understand that I don't have the work on the school server because I do higher maths.

Davidius wrote: »
    LCVP instead of a language? Never heard of that. I do French and LCVP. D:

We only get two classes each week. Enterprise education and Careers. A handful of us don't get to do the computer class because we do honours maths instead. Don't see why they couldn't run it alongside religion.

The main thing I don't like about it is that they keep telling us to treat it like all our other exam subjects...except it's worth less points. :pac:

Not to mention I wasn't really interested in doing it in the first place. They just decided I was because I have one of the subject combinations. Also the careers teacher doesn't seem to understand that I don't have the work on the school server because I do higher maths.

Hmm i thought you take it instead of a language, well you have to in my school. Its worth less points if your doing Honours French and are expecting an A. but if you were going to do Ordinary and expect a B, theres a huge difference in the marks. And if you put the work in you will get 70points :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

LCVP is an amazing subject if you already do business ! :) just spend one day going through all the past exam papers and marking schemes to know what's what, and then for the portfolio make sure that you get the marking scheme off the teacher that has all the headings needed to get full marks !!

I put in NO study for LCVP but did spend a good week or two doing my project and I got a disctinction, but having that said I did business and there was only one other person in my school who got a disctinction as well..

No one got a distinction in my school last year, we think they drop from the sky :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Has anyone got any links to a sample write up about a business that I can "put into my own words"???
    Need it for tomorrow

Check your LCVP book:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

We dont have a links book:rolleyes:..
    Id hardly ask if I did have one :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Did you try look at examinations.ie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Davidius wrote: »
    I do French and LCVP. D:

Not to mention I wasn't really interested in doing it in the first place. They just decided I was because I have one of the subject combinations.

I asked not to do it and they said i had to.

It runs alongside Pe, Religion and Careers. Those who don't qualify do Computer class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭mr kilo

LCVP is honestly the biggest piece ov crap iv ever done.
    hard to stay awake and the teacher didnt help that.

but the extra points are very handy... relieves the pressure ov the LC (wel a small bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I love LCVP. If you have an interest in Business, you'll love it and it is very easy if you do Business too. Not too much work is involved in it. In my spare time I type up the portfolio. In my school, you choose between LCVP or a study class so it would be silly not to do it. Alot of it is common sense too and it does prepare you for the working world with work experience and typing up the CV. You could get 70 poiints out of it so its well worth it but I wouldn't give up a language for it. You could easily do it on your own though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Well, apparently all our classes' summary reports and write ups were done poorly. We have to do them all over again... I hate LCVP :mad:

Advertisement