Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could Budget 2009 bring down the Government?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Galmay

dresden8 wrote: »
    Nobody wants to get within a mile of health. Normally junior ministers and backbenchers would be screaming for yer wan to be kicked out so a promotion opportunity would open up, bigger pension and a merc.

Nobody wants that job. I don't think Bruton really wants to deliver the next budget either. FF haven't even papered over the cracks in the finances. It's going to get a lot worse from here on in.

Very true. But I heard today that Harney will be gone by mid november. Nobody might want her job but she is in a more or less untenable position now.
    As for the finances, you're right whats done so far will not cut it. there should have been major direct increases in tax from the off and none of this levy business, increases in registration fees, petrol wine VATetc. I believe people would be much more accepting of direct taxation as its more honest and transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

i think you'll find that the rich person will find a way of claiming back a donation to charity a political party through some sort of tax refund scheme way of getting facetime with policy makers...
    Fixed it for you.

Seriously, the FF/Greens are in for the mother and father of a kicking in the locals next June. I don't think things will be forgotten come General Election time either.

In a way, this has been a good thing as it's snapped a lot of apathetic FF voters out of the "my family has always voted FF" mode. It's about time the electorate in this country put the Civil War behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Could the Pork scandal be the final nail in the coffin for the government?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

ryanf1 wrote: »

Companies are going to the wall everywhere and the government can't find the money or will to help them.

You can bet they'll pull 150m out of their asses to save the farmers though.

Right or wrong, it won't go down well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

ryanf1 wrote: »

No but expect Mary Harney and Biffo to lead a massive diet campaign in January explaining how if they can lose weight then we all can allowing us to tighten our belts even further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

mumhaabu wrote: »
    No but expect Mary Harney and Biffo to lead a massive diet campaign in January explaining how if they can lose weight then we all can allowing us to tighten our belts even further.

I thought this forum was for discussion of politics.

If you think mocking people's appearance is a proper form of discussion, then you owe it to us to post a picture of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

mumhaabu wrote: »

At least they will have to cut back on the rashers and breakfast rolls for a while, at least until the stocks are replenished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭RiverWilde

This shower of chancers have pandered to the banks and the developers et al for the past 10 years ... now that investors worldwide have decided to stuff their cash into their matresses and cheap money is no longer an option, they've decided to stuff it to the Irish taxpayer.

I hope they get such a drubbing at the next election it'll take em 15 to 20 years to get over the shock. The only thing FF cares about is FF.

Riv

Advertisement