Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology

Options
  • 17-10-2008 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

anyone else finding biology really hard? any tips ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Do you happen to be doing DNA and genetics at the moment by any chance? That's the hardest part of the course, the rest is just rote learning which I find to be easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

there is a lot of learning in biology, but thats really all it is.you have to sit down and basically learn it off by heart, i find revisewise excellent for cutting out all the padding etc. also if you do past exam questions, you will find that similar questions come up over and over again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Piste wrote: »
    Do you happen to be doing DNA and genetics at the moment by any chance?

I am, and i love it!

then again id say our class the top Biology class has had about half of the amount of classes we where meant to have so far this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im doing biology and its my easiest subject tbh that being said i only get low b's in my test.
    its the random long learning bits that kill me in it....mitosis,carbon and nitrogen cycle etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

It seems to me that not everything is connected fully, like i can kind of remember the Nitrogen cycle thingy and i know we wrote notes on it at the end of that "chapter" but i dont know what relevenace it had to the rest of the topic...
    its all a bit confusing when you dont know what it does or anything..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The course can actually be cut down quite a bit, if you know how the syllabus and paper are structured. I posted this a while back:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57359199&postcount=14

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭leprehaungirl

Just finished up with ecology there........ Trying to learn that nitrogen cycle thing was a pain the the arse. I absolutly hate it with a passion and my teacher who is brilliant is going off on maternity leave :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The nitrogen cycle can be a bit of a pian cos nitregenous compounds are so alike in chemical symbol (NH4 for ammonium, NH4 for ammonia). You just have to write it out again and again until you can write it out from memory. It'll probably help the night before the exam and morning of the exam to write out the various cycles (Krebs cycle, Nitrogen cycle) a few times to keep them fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

yeah-boy wrote: »
    anyone else finding biology really hard? any tips ?
    ask a girl you like in class to help u study.. or vice versa if ur a girl..

comes in handy on the sexual reproduction chapter..

I see where your going with that... Like the Red Bull advert eh?..:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

never seen it.. but im gonna hav a look on youtube and edit this when ive found out what ur talkin about haha

found it: exactly ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzt4tqIyNPQ&feature=related
    this one i think, i couldnt hear the audio though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Nah I find biology grand. Having my troubles with Honours maths and german though

Advertisement