Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pre-Debs Dress

• 17-10-2008 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hello!
    I have my pre-debs coming up in a few weeks and I already have a black dress I think I'll wear:

000021-2.jpg

Only thing is, it is just a plain black dress and I wanna funk it up a little since its gonna be a pretty big night..
    The ribbon tied around it can easily been taking off so I think I could replace it with something else - either a belt or even a coloured ribbon of similar style.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I could do? Any items in mind you've seen that could work well??

Thank youu :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

You could definitely get a nice ribbon to go around it. Hot pink or gold you be nice, IMO! Reubenesque on South William Street has every kind you could imagine. If you change the ribbon you could get accesories (bag, jewellery, shoes) to match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Pre-Debs ?! What the hell is that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭CheersDarlin'

Twee. wrote: »
    You could definitely get a nice ribbon to go around it. Hot pink or gold you be nice, IMO! Reubenesque on South William Street has every kind you could imagine. If you change the ribbon you could get accesories (bag, jewellery, shoes) to match.

Yeah I think that could work! I havent seen many shoes or bags recently I like.. or that would stand out enough rather =/

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Pre-Debs ?! What the hell is that ?

Its a night your year at school organises. Kind of like the debs but without any of the fanciness. A lot more low-key.
    Just a big piss-up really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Hello!
    I have my pre-debs coming up in a few weeks

A what-now?!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Get with the times! All the private schools have pre-debs.

Right it isn't on Topshop's website but there's a gorgeous pearl necklace in there, it sort of has 2 strands with a white bow, I bought it along with a black dress, it looks stunning against black and would really stand out.

• Advertisement

Ooh that sounds stunning!
    Thanks a mil, I'm heading town tomorrow so I'll definitely have a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

Yeah I think that could work! I havent seen many shoes or bags recently I like.. or that would stand out enough rather =/

Its a night your year at school organises. Kind of like the debs but without any of the fanciness. A lot more low-key.
    Just a big piss-up really.

whys it called a predebs is it just nopt a nite out then

regob wrote: »

Dont ask me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

Dont ask me...

alrite then have a good night though

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

regob wrote: »

Sounds better to the school than "giant piss up where most of us will have fake IDs!" Makes it classier :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oilean

What a gorgeous dress!

I'd go with a sash belt. From experience :o the wide ribbon option is a bit troublesome, as it doesn't stay in place too well! Some ribbons are too fine to pin in place, as well.

I saw a few lovely sash belts in A-Wear a while ago but I'm getting one made..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Get with the times! All the private schools have pre-debs.

Damn public school didn't educate me in matters of 'pre debs'!

I have to ask, do you have this in lieu of a debs or in addition to debs?

Lovely dress btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

It comes before the debs, usually around before Christmas.

OP a brightly coloured ribbon will really pick up the dress, also dunnes are doing really big coloured flowers that can be worn pinned to clothes or clipped in your hair and a red one might look lovely with that dress, alternatively A-wear do pink and cream ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Annabel19211

So does anyone know if leinster senior college has a debs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

So does anyone know if leinster senior college has a debs?

This is probably the wrong forum but I went to school there and there was a Debs the year I did my Leaving Cert (2006) and the year after so I would say yes, although I believe the school has a new principal now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closing zombie thread

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement