Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Done something very wrong and I know it

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

unregged wrote: »
    Thanks DarkJager, but I will be crapping it now all week.

I think the guy was looking for me to abuse him back but all I said was move along and leave me be.

You should have asked him was he a member of the Traffic Corp, and if not to shut the **** up and mind his own business. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Yes indeed Big Kev.

Honestly, request the thread be locked and forget about it. Remember seeing some of the T&I lads from the council heading up the wrong way a few times :rolleyes:

On the off chance that this guy's son is a Guard or anything the most that would happen is a phone call.

It happened me when I first started driving. Girlfriend lived in rural, very rural, North Cork and there was a nice cross roads with loads of loose gravel just past her house. I used to go past the house, flick of the handbrake and back up to drop her home. Neighbour reported me, phone call from Guard and that was the end of it.

It won't happen to you though, forget about it. :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 unregged

Cheers all I just hope nothing comes of it :)

Thanks again ppl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Thread disappoints. I expected to read that you had ploughed over someone and done a legger or something.

Stop worrying. Assuming the guy was bothered to do anything after the event, and assuming he took down your reg at the time, and assuming the guards take him seriously and decide to follow it up, most likely you'll get a call giving you a stern warning that you'll be done if they ever catch you doing anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Duckjob wrote: »
    Thread disappoints. I expected to read that you had ploughed over someone and done a legger or something.

Stop worrying. Assuming the guy was bothered to do anything after the event, and assuming he took down your reg at the time, and assuming the guards take him seriously and decide to follow it up, most likely you'll get a call giving you a stern warning that you'll be done if they ever catch you doing anything like that.

Not neccisarilly. The gardai could see it as the guy having a grudge against someone and simply giving their reg to get them a ticking off. The Gardai are not going to call anybody warning them of anything if there is no proof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If I am done for dangerous driving what could possibly happen to me, now I am super worried :(
    Why don't you drop in to your local Garda station and apologise? Better that they hear it from you first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Anan1 wrote: »
    Why don't you drop in to your local Garda station and apologise? Better that they hear it from you first.

Are ya mad in the head?

What if they knew nothing about it and then you told them?

In the unlikely event they do contact him, they will prob just caution him under the road traffic act and that will be the last he ever hears of it.

Have had a good few of these warnings over the years and the tried and tested procedure always works, (*knock on wood*) claim you knew nothing about it, puppy dog eyes, really sorry wont happen again and offer to apologise to the complainant if they peeler is still making a fuss.;)

slideways wrote: »
    Are ya mad in the head?

What if they knew nothing about it and then you told them?

In the unlikely event they do contact him, they will prob just caution him under the road traffic act and that will be the last he ever hears of it.

Have had a good few of these warnings over the years and the tried and tested procedure always works, (*knock on wood*) claim you knew nothing about it, puppy dog eyes, really sorry wont happen again and offer to apologise to the complainant if they peeler is still making a fuss.;)
    Cat got your sense of humour?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

in the very unlikely event that the guards contact you tell them you went up the street in error, realised your mistake and had stopped and considered turning back. You were then abused by some random busybody and felt threatened. You were so upset, confused and frightened by this verbal assault that you decided the safest course of action was to continue in the direction you were going.

Now relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

For those who do not know the area in question. It was the former Dublin road prior to there actually being traffic in this country.

Its passes a listed section of the city and King Johns Castle. Locals and the council do not want people using it as a through way so made annoying one ways dissapearing off in every direction. If its the one way outside of the Mace and/or the Chinese then you like many other people have broken this rule. You were likely pulled up on the footpath outside the Mace because contrary to your opinion there is certainly not room for two cars to pass unless you park half on the footpath.

I have never broken this one way system because its only one block around which is probably at most 500 mtrs of an extra journey.

Sit back and see if the Gardai contact you. Dont lose sleep over it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 unregged

I actaully went in this morning to Henry Street Garda station explaining what happened as it was playing on my mind all night. So ya garda said that not to worry happens every up on Nicholas Street.

At the time of it happening incidentally I was actually parked up when I was berated by the passer in his car who at the time was quite far away.

Did you get his reg? It might be no harm to say sorry to him too.

Did you get his reg? It might be no harm to say sorry to him too.

Your not serious are you?

Your not serious are you?
    PM sent.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭orbital83

DonJose wrote: »
    Next time reverse up that road, that'll confuse them ;)

I wonder can you be done for reversing down a one way street?

John J wrote: »
    I wonder can you be done for reversing down a one way street?

Afaik there are no specific rules regarding reversing down a one way street but surely driving without due care and attention would be enforced.

It does not stop people driving the wrong way up "Kranks alley" behind Brown Thomas in Limerick. Shame on the council for changing the direction of the one way street 3 times in one year.

Advertisement