Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibly looking for a new speaker system...

Options
  • 17-10-2008 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I recently bought an X-fi Titanium champ series sound card. No joke it took about 3 weeks to get the creative drivers installed and working.

Anyway now that it's installed I have learned that the optical out does not transmit a decoded 5.1 signal. All I get is the five (maybe six channels) going through my front two speakers.

My speaker system is the creative playworks DTT3500 digital system.

At the mo I can only get a 4.1 system working due to the speaker system, they are about seven years old at this stage.

So unless I’m missing something I think it's time to upgrade my speakers. If I am going to upgrade I want a 7.1 system that will decode the signal from my X-fi using optical out if possible, if I have to use analogue I don't mind. 7.1 is for Blu-ray and game use.

Any suggestions??
    Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I know it's not 7.1 but logitechs z5500 is 5.1 and supports optical out..I use them myself..
    Quiet simply they're the best speaker you can buy for that amount of money and 3 years later they still get top marks.
    There's always a set going on boards so keep an eye out. I bought mine here for €150...nothing shabby about that.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

+1
    A friend of mine has a set that puts my 600W technics seperates to shame. Another plus is that they have several inputs for other devices.

Advertisement