Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another NTL QUES?

• 17-10-2008 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We're living in a student house up in woodlawn grove.
    we had NTL Analogue (we presume as there was no box or anything or no mention of bills from NTL / Landlord) - channels on it included - setanta sports ireland, Living, Mtv one, Nickelodeon/paramount, sky one, bbc's / utv/ ch4 , e4 and all RTEs. We had 16 or 17 channels, if that helps distinguish if it was NTL Analogue.

All the channels seemed to have Disappeared Thurs Morning - They were working perfectly Wednesday night up to 1 am when CSI was over:p

We though that maybe the service was down as NTL aren't the most reliable.
    It still hasn't come back now and I am wondering is anybody else having a problem with their NTL?

we can't call NTL customer service because we don't know what name to give and we don't want to be annoying landlord over something as small as this....

Any info appreciated.......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

annoy the landlord, its what he's there for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Yep, I'd give the landlord a shout and ask if he has cable already in the house and who do you contact about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I'd ring NTL myself if I were you and explain the situation to them.Going on past landlords I had you could be waiting ages for them to ring but if you ask them and you're getting no joy I'd hold back on the rent until they get it sorted for you.Don't let em get away with anything, plenty of vacant flats and houses around just waiting for tenants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Thanks for all the replies lads.

I took out my phone to Dial Landlord's number this morning, and Low and behold, The channels came back there and then. It was like something out of a movie:D

It looks like it was just the service was down for a couple of days

Thanks again lads and sorry for bothering you guys

Looder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Spooky!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

help>restart

all the time

Advertisement