Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish broadband news server?

Options
  • 17-10-2008 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,

trying to find info on the news server used by irish broadband for dsl, anyone has a clue, seems like they have been very reclusive with me on the argument.

Thnaks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Do they even have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

Do they even have one?
    I think this was asked a few months ago, same answer now as then - They don't have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 rotronnie

Thanks a lot guys, bet i have to change provider then my contract is over anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

rotronnie wrote: »
    Thanks a lot guys, bet i have to change provider then my contract is over anyway.
    There are several commercial Usenet providers - costs € unfortunately, but you would not need to change providers.
    It's not very cost effective for individual ISP's to provide NNTP services anymore, most don't bother.

Advertisement