Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gettin someones name from a number??

• 17-10-2008 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

is it possible to get someones name or address from a mobile or landline number??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it is if the number is registered and you have a very good excuse as to why you want it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

LEGEND24 wrote: »
    is it possible to get someones name or address from a mobile or landline number??
    Yes.

You ring the number and then explain who you are.

If they know you and trust you then they will give you their name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

NO the only people who can get this info are the boys in blue, the operators do not have the reverse function on their terminals to do this type of search.

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i wouldn't say the boys in blue are the only people who can do that. The boys in blue are the only people who can get the info and legally tell you ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

NO the only people who can get this info are the boys in blue, the operators do not have the reverse function on their terminals to do this type of search.

MC

You are basing this on what??

Operators ask you to enter your phone number and then verify certain information when you ring them.

Would this not be a reverse look up??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i wouldn't say the boys in blue are the only people who can do that. The boys in blue are the only people who can get the info and legally tell you ;)

The boys in blue are the only call for this.

If any mobile operator gives this out too you without trying too verify that it is the registered owner they are speaking too first are in fact breaking the law.

Some companies make you set a password up on your account, some give you a pin, some ask you questions based on the information they have.

They have to protect your information that they hold on their systems under the Data Protection Act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i never said they weren't breaking the law by doing it, i just said they could get the info ;) I was responding to munstercycling who said they don't have a reverse lookup function. They do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There's numerous threads on this already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement