Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sako Quad

Options
  • 17-10-2008 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Chaps,
    I am thinking about getting a Sako Quad in .22lr. The old fella has a Brno (i think CZs are re named Brnos) that I am licensed to use but for some reason Id like a synthetic stock .22lr for mainly simple target practice. I think an Anschutz are a bit over the top in my case. I wouldnt really use other barrells but in time, i might get the .17hmr, its nice to have the option.
    Does anyone know how much the cost in Ireland and where is the best place to buy, is Ardee sports the cheapest? Its an awful long trip for a Cork lad!

Cheers,
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭PJ Hunter

Dave-0 wrote: »
    Chaps,
    I am thinking about getting a Sako Quad in .22lr. The old fella has a Brno (i think CZs are re named Brnos) that I am licensed to use but for some reason Id like a synthetic stock .22lr for mainly simple target practice. I think an Anschutz are a bit over the top in my case. I wouldnt really use other barrells but in time, i might get the .17hmr, its nice to have the option.
    Does anyone know how much the cost in Ireland and where is the best place to buy, is Ardee sports the cheapest? Its an awful long trip for a Cork lad!

Cheers,
    Dave

hows the 597remington... like the quad foundit pricy..:o

Remington 597 Target Varmint Plinker (TVP) Rinfire Rifle
    Remington : Product ID: 73848 : Remington 597 Target Varmint Plinker (TVP) Rinfire Rifle, 80852, Camouflage Finish, Semi-Automatic, 20 Inch Heavy Barrel, Thumbhole Grips

DisplayPic.aspx?PIC=58433

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dave-0

If the Remi was a bolt action I would go for that. How much did you see the Sako Quads for? The uncle got one reciently and the price was E500 and he traded in a battered CZ against it. I am sure he used that CZ to club the rabbits..... he did the deal in Bandon so iam guessing that is Jeffers.
    how much did you see the sakos sell for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

got a quote of €850 for one in 22lr (one x barrell)

Thats a disgrace! they are Str350 in the UK and E500 else where in Ireland. Thats some price difference if you didn't shop around and do your research! Fingers crossed that the uncle was correct with his price.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

Give Paul O'halloran a bell 052-52112

He has always been cheapest I've found.

Thinking of getting one myself.

• Advertisement

ill give him a go, thanks a million.

Iv been calling around the gun shops and the quads with a barrel comes in between 750 and 850. when I got quoted 500 it as for the reciever only, dont know who would purchase a reciever first and the barrel second....

Advertisement