Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALERTS

Options
  • 17-10-2008 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi

Can someone point me in the right direction as to where I can find out what exactly some of the alerts mean when driving. I do know what the danger zone means but having drivin through various different counties I get alerts e.g. when Tipperary I get "TP" with various numbers and I don't know what they mean. I hope this makes sense but if anyone can let me know that would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

what kind of satnav have u ?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭TANGLEWOOD

Garmin 250. The message I don't understand is for example if your in the wicklow area it comes up with "Alert WW0002 7.5Km South". If you any idea what this means I would be most obliged.

I understand that "DZ 100km 100m" means there is a possible speed camera maybe I'm wrong.

Also very disappointed that the free update which were released on the 15th October still doesn't have the Gorey Bypass on it.

Thanks.

well, don't know garmins alerts but those numbers like 0002 may mean nothing, just name :) if they are as POIs but WW, TP mean counties ( i guess :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭TANGLEWOOD

Thanks. Know that WW etc means County it was just 7.5km south I didn't understand but many thanks for your help.

hmm, this '7.5km south' may mean '7.5km in south direction can be dangerous' :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

I think what you have on your satnav is the Garda Speed Enforcement zones, possible the ones from mypois.ie ??

the letters TP . WW etc refer to the county & the numbers are just a reference to the area

a full list of all the zones are on
    http://www.garda.ie/sez/Speed_Enforcement_Zones.htm

unfortunately the alerts only indicate the start & end of each zone so if you enter in the middle you may not get the alert until exiting the zone itself :(

Advertisement