Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL/UPC installation disc

Options
  • 17-10-2008 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where i can get an NTL modem driver. Pretty sure I never got the disc from NTL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Why? Surely its an Ethernet device?

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

it doesnt find the device when i plug it in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

What are you plugging in where? Sorry you will have to describe it a bit more in detail.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

My cable modem(arris something)has a usb port but on vista it was just P&P

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Does anyone know where i can get an NTL modem driver. Pretty sure I never got the disc from NTL

if it's the blue one (the 250, not sure if they are still using these??) 250%20microminus.jpg

then the drivers are @ http://homepage.ntlworld.ie/roi.bbst/

if you need the motorola or SA then sorry, can't help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

network card is what you need, never heard of NTL using arris, latest is scientific atlanta with 2 phone ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

stanley1 wrote: »
    network card is what you need, never heard of NTL using arris, latest is scientific atlanta with 2 phone ports.

The one Thund3rbird linked to, the NTL 250 is a rebadged Ambit U10C018, maybe that's what the OP was referring to? I've had one for over 3 years so it is a bit ancient but they don't replace them unless they die... It's only got a single Ethernet port and a USB port but in all fairness, OP, you'd be better off using the Ethernet port instead - USB has serious issues, especially with the higher speed packages.

Advertisement