Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 8GB and iPod Touch

• 17-10-2008 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I'm getting a new N95 8GB and I'm wondering, is there absolutely any reason for me to get an iPod touch?

As far as I've read, the sound quality isn't great compared to other mp3's such as the Samsung P2 which I probably will be getting instead. Between having an N95 and a P2, is there anything the touch does that I'd need or is any use? I've never been a big fan of Apple but this looks like a decent product is some ways, and a rip-off in others.

I'm trying to get feedback from people who own any of these 3 items. i will be using the N95 as an mp3 player till get the Samsung which wont be long so I'm not too worried about it's sound quality. The reviews on th P2 make it out to be very good quality for movies and sound.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

kleftangel wrote: »
    I'm getting a new N95 8GB and I'm wondering, is there absolutely any reason for me to get an iPod touch?

As far as I've read, the sound quality isn't great compared to other mp3's such as the Samsung P2 which I probably will be getting instead. Between having an N95 and a P2, is there anything the touch does that I'd need or is any use? I've never been a big fan of Apple but this looks like a decent product is some ways, and a rip-off in others.

I'm trying to get feedback from people who own any of these 3 items. i will be using the N95 as an mp3 player till get the Samsung which wont be long so I'm not too worried about it's sound quality. The reviews on th P2 make it out to be very good quality for movies and sound.

I have a P2 with my e71! Dream combo!!! You can pair the P2 with any bt phone, receive and make calls from the P2 without pulling the phone from your pocket. Sound's great too!
    I had an n95 before and tbh I thought the sound's good enough to live without an mp3 player.
    Another advabtage of the P2 is: mass storage! Plug'n'play: you don't need itunes or any other media suite to pull tracks on the player! And samsung regularly update firmware and actually add nice goodies ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Why on earth would you want to draw the viral iTums on yourself by buying the white mischief makers goods??? Have the N95 and it is plenty good enough for MP3s, just get decent headphones.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kleftangel

Thanks guys, n95 and P2 it is then. I would be happy enought using th n95 as an mp3 player if it had bigger capacity but they only have the 8GB for now. Plus if I wanna watch movies, I need more size and prefer to have a bigger screen.

I have a good pair of Bose on-ear headphones so sound quality is gonna be good on both.

Sorry streker, where did you get you P2 from because Amazon.co.uk wont ship it here and Komplett only has the 4GB model. I want the 16GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Sorry streker, where did you get you P2 from because Amazon.co.uk wont ship it here and Komplett only has the 4GB model. I want the 16GB
    Sorry, I only have the 8gb P2... As fas as I know, the P2 16gb is only available in Korea and some other asian markets (and it has some marked differences also...)... I use the P2 for music mostly, and 8gb seems alright for me - I'm old enough to still own 4 track tapes and 30 year old vinyls, so 8gb's is loads for me :lol:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kleftangel

The 16 GB is available on Amazon but they don't ship consumer electronics to Ireland for some reason. Suppose I could just get it posted to my uncle and have him send it over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I have both n95 8GB and iPod touch. I rarely use the touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Random wrote: »

same here, but i used the touch for webbrowsing and youtube. i admit i love the interface of the ipod, but a few months ago i gave the ipod to the wife, and i havent missed it. but the n95 didnt take up the slack, i didnt like browsing on the n95. perhaps the ipod spoiled me.

are there any new s60 browsing software or youtube portals for the n95? i have opera mini....anything better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

are there any new s60 browsing software or youtube portals for the n95? i have opera mini....anything better?

cokitulog is a handy tool.I think you have to pay for it but it's the only way you'll get any.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Try m.youtube.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

cokitulog is a handy tool.I think you have to pay for it but it's the only way you'll get any.

quiet you.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

Random wrote: »

Opposite here. For music and web i find the iPod touch much better.

Advertisement