Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the wind blow W in the am & E in the pm in Dublin?

Options
  • 17-10-2008 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I cycle from Stillorgan to work in Tallaght, & it often feels the wind is against me in both directions (over & above the obvious point about the wind always being against you if you're moving, unless you are moving with the wind & faster than it).

I read once that the wind tends to blow from the land to the sea in the morning (the sea is warmer in the morning) & vice-versa once the land warms up. Yes, I know the prevailing wind is from the west, and I get more West wind than East, but the East winds seem to come in the evenings.

Is this true, anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

lol, i use to feel the same affect when i cycled to work in my fitter youth. The wind was always against me but the majority of the time your just mentally or physically drained and you might think that could be one reason, well at the time for me or you could be just unlucky that a change in wind occurred during the day and you have faced a head wind to and from work.

Wind blows from a cool to a warm place, seabreeze in summer when the land heats up more than the sea and land breeze on a summers night when land cools more, basically the opposite affect. This is more prevalent in the summer months rather than any other season.

Advertisement