Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constructive Dismissal?

Options
  • 18-10-2008 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I walked out of my job today, after what I felt was bullying/aggressive behaviour from my boss. I am in the job 3 months and within the first two weeks there, I experienced obnoxious,patronising, intolerant behaviour from a colleague who is also my bosses brother. The longer I was there, I realised that this behaviour was from this colleagues insecurity in his role. I complained about it in my review and was met with 'Its a Big Bad World' response to this.
    Today's issue began with me having a discussion about a project we were working on, to which my boss didn't like my opinion on it, and I was told I was 'talking out of my hole' and a further 'what would you know about '&$£%^$!'(the area i work in) and that any thing I knew about it was through his informance (chest-beating here).. There was further criticism on my work, and various expletives thrown at me and I was pretty much a rabbit in head lights. I felt I had to walk away as i got upset and I said that I was 'done.' He screamed at me it was no way to end a conversation, or was 'done' a resignation. I didn't reply, and he said, 'Clear out your fkn desk, what the fk are you still doing here?'. I didn't announce my resignation at all.
    I have recalled all of the events to HR and I have mentioned that this could be considered a constructive dismissal. I am really not sure what to do, or whether I have a leg to stand on. I feel I gave my opinion on a work issue, and i was met with alot of aggressive berating on my work. I felt it was highly unprofessional.
    I really need some advice on this, any suggestions??

Advertisement