Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish women are brill! :)

Options
  • 18-10-2008 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭

In a direct riposte to that other thread dissing every Irish woman based on a sample size of two, I want to do the opposite based on a sample size of one. :D

I went to college with a young woman who was conscientious, honest, diligent, kind, generous, helpful, polite, patient, sober, softly spoken and highly intelligent.

Irish women, I salute you. :)

mixed_roses.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Quite like them myself lol.

Pretty much the only women that are capabale of cracking jokes that are actually funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Knew I'd felt a disturbance in the force, this thread explains it.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I'm suspicious .........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

I am too. I didn't know what to write here.

<<
    >>

What's going on?

But we are great, it's true. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

6-12 months ago before this forum was created i would have totally disagreed with you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

6-12 months ago before this forum was created i would have totally disagreed with you.

I was under the impression, from several people that I spoke to that the majority look down at LL, so that's really nice. Please explain further!

I do love my fellow Irish females, I think they are loyal, considerate, and I love the fact the majority have a great sense of humour that I think is unique to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭coco85

Donno what to say here only 'thanks' on behalf of Irish women!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

yeah thanks!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I agree, those of us that are civilized are absolutely brilliant. I salute me!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Pherekydes wrote: »
    In a direct riposte to that other thread dissing every Irish woman based on a sample size of two

I think it's really annoying when 2 million people are tarred with the same brush because of two wenches someone met in a nightclub queue! So thank you for liking Irish women :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Of course Irish women are brilliant. They haven't chucked me out of here yet for starters. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

She Devil wrote: »
    I'm suspicious .........

Why?

My motivation was to poke sarcastically at that other thread and to pay tribute to my college classmate.

End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

To put up with the likes of me ya would have to be brilliant :D

I salute ye all ........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I salute this thread :D What a lovely idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

You're right. We are very lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Irish women are brill! :)

Pfft, sweeping generalization. :rolleyes:

Galvasean wrote: »
    Pfft, sweeping generalization. :rolleyes:

Erm, that's the POINT of the thread! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Erm, that's the POINT of the thread! :rolleyes:

Yar, I'm joking. :pac:

I salute this thread :D What a lovely idea!
    I saluted the thread to but never got a thank you from Pherekydes . But it is the ladies lounge so that explains that .

latchyco wrote: »
    I saluted the thread to but never got a thank you from Pherekydes . But it is the ladies lounge so that explains that .

Happy? :)

• Advertisement

Happy? :)
    Why thank you , yes yes yes ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ah yeah, there are a fair few assholes that ruin it for the rest of you, but being an asshole isn't really race or gender dependant tbh...
    Irish women rawk!

(might change my tune if this one doesn't get back to me soon though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

To be honest I am a bit of bitch but not sure if thats cause Im Irish or the fact i am bitter, twisted 26 year old who is already on the scrapheap. Probably the latter.:p

I think Irish women make very good friends, im straight so no idea what kind of lovers they make.

JaneyMc wrote: »
    I was under the impression, from several people that I spoke to that the majority look down at LL, so that's really nice. Please explain further!

well i'll try my best, expressing the thoughts in my head into text that for someone to read mainly ends up in them tearing their hair out to dicipher it.

around two years ago i use to hang around with girls i didn't like just because they were cool and had lads wagging their tails at their every command. i thought that this was what "everyone" thought was great. i came to realise that it just wasn't but yet couldn't see any girls out there that didn't do this complete and utter **** act and was beginning to lose hope that there were polar opposite girls out there.

so i expanded my circle of friends and had some patience and think it's worked out for the better.

this forum has shown me that there are a whole array of different girls out there with a varied array of personalities and other shining qualities.

some examples being: a girl posts here about feeling down and what happens, the girlies here group together, talk about it and go out for drinks, making the girl that was feeling down, not feel down. that's just great tbh and i couldn't see that happening before.

the hugh heffner thread, one of the funniest threads i've read in here, again wouldn't have happened anywhere but here.

even from attending just one TLL beers cocktails, i just got a cool - allbeit hard to describe - unintimmidating vibe from a bunch of lovely girls that you would be hard pushed to find anywhere else a vibe where a guy who was also horribly outnumbered.

those "several" people should be shot tbh, if this forum makes one person feel apart of something - no matter how small it may be - then it's worth it and i say feck the ney-sayers tbh.

For the record I was at beers so technically I'm included in the term "unintimidating bunch of lovely girls". So there! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Of course Irish women are brilliant. They haven't chucked me out of here yet for starters. ;)

Are we allowed to chuck out the mod?? :confused: But thanks for the compliment!! :D
    Lux23 wrote: »
    To be honest I am a bit of bitch but not sure if thats cause Im Irish or the fact i am bitter, twisted 26 year old who is already on the scrapheap. Probably the latter.:p

Lol!! You're not on the scrapheap at 26!!!
    I think Irish women make very good friends, im straight so no idea what kind of lovers they make.

Great friends but I don't want to know about anything more!! :eek: I like men too much!!

Cremo wrote: »
    Cremo wrote: »
    this forum has shown me that there are a whole array of different girls out there with a varied array of personalities and other shining qualities.

some examples being: a girl posts here about feeling down and what happens, the girlies here group together, talk about it and go out for drinks, making the girl that was feeling down, not feel down. that's just great tbh and i couldn't see that happening before.

the hugh heffner thread, one of the funniest threads i've read in here, again wouldn't have happened anywhere but here.

even from attending just one TLL beers cocktails, i just got a cool - allbeit hard to describe - unintimmidating vibe from a bunch of lovely girls that you would be hard pushed to find anywhere else a vibe where a guy who was also horribly outnumbered.

Awww! Thanks for being so honest and sweet. You've given me a real warm fuzzy cute feeling!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

This is a nice thread :) Irish girls are quite nice yes, but only while sober!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Are we allowed to chuck out the mod?? :confused: But thanks for the compliment!! :D

Lol!! You're not on the scrapheap at 26!!!

Oh but I am.

Oh but I am.
    sorry but i'm going to have to rubbish that lux23 with this story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7662967.stm

if you keep saying to yourself that you're on the "scrapheap" then you will be, but at the age of 26 you can't possibly be.

agony uncle cremo is here all night :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭von Neumann

Is there space on that scapheap for two? :D.

P.S.
    You's are all brill.......

Advertisement