Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

goldfish advice

Options
  • 18-10-2008 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I have a 8 year old goldfish and he has been in the same tank since I got him (approx 15L tank) without filters etc. I originally had 2 fish in it but unfortunately one lad died early this year. I have just got a 170L tank which I have started to introduce coldwater fish to (have 4 fish in it at he moment)

Could my 8 year old fish be put into the new tank or is it best to leave him as he is? Iasked in my local pet shop and 1 person said to leave him in his original tank whereas another said it would be ok to move him.

Any opinions please?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Providing you've aged the new tank properly- and are sure that the new fish are disease free, I can't see why not. You will need to look out for bullying etc with the new fish.

I've moved goldfish in similar circumstances without any losses. I always feel really sorry for fish in a tank without any airpump/filtration system etc.......

Advertisement