Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sports are the most appreciated in UCD?

Options
  • 18-10-2008 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

By "appreciated", I mean, what sports are usually played competitively between colleges? Is there an equivalent to the Ivy League?

Oh, and, how often do you see transfer students in UCD?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Pretty much all the sports played in UCD have an intervarsity aspect to them.

Many even play internationally.

What type of transfer students do you mean? Like people who started a degree elsewhere and continue it in UCD or people who have changed degrees and colleges at the same time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 _raven_

Thanks for replying. Does "pretty much all sports" include Muay Thai? Or any other martial art besides karate?
    Could you tell me a few examples of sports that play internationally?

Yeah, how often do you see students who started their degree elsewhere and continued it in UCD? By elsewhere, I mean foreign students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Volleyball and Trampolining are two that I know go and play internationally.

For Muay Thai and karate I don't know tbh, you'd be best off actually contacting the clubs and asking them.

I don't think many really transfer here to finish a degree, I know we get a lot of people who come for a year on erasmus or do an entire degree here, but I haven't really heard of people transferring colleges mid degree. I am open to correction though. I only know one person who's done it ever and even then she had to do extra courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 _raven_

Thanks again. I guess my questions are pretty much answered. Considering I'm planning to transfer mid degree Medicine, extra courses could be tough.... Then again, there's a whole year before that. Nevertheless, I think I'm going to start asking for official information now, to have some picture...

Advertisement