Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein/IRA to organise provocative march

Options
  • 18-10-2008 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Sinn Fein/IRA are going to organize a provocative march on the very day that the Royal Irish Regiment are to have a homecoming parade through Belfast city centre. They have applied to the Parades Commission for a so called anti war demonstration of up to 500 people on the day 200 RIR return for a homecoming after their peace keeping tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.

These brave young men and women will be welcomed by decent who know they have a very difficult job to do and do it in the most professional manner. I'm sure the vast majority of people will agree the RIR and indeed the rest of British Army, have suffered enough trying to bring some peace and order over there, without the terrorist layabouts who support Sinn Fein/IRA insulting them on their homecoming ??

http://www3.u.tv/news/LocalNews/index.asp?id=91655

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Sooooooooo bitter....

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Zand

Sand

Hmmmm! :p The provos can't quite grow up can they?

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

These brave young men and women will be welcomed by decent who know they have a very difficult job to do and do it in the most professional manner.

Brave? Bravery is having the guts to stand up against your superiors regardless of the consequences to not take part in an illegal war? Before you start with the regime change in afganistan, there are pleanty of places that need regime change! Just luck that the first place could be used as a training ground for another illegal war in iraq.

I'm sure the vast majority of people will agree the RIR and indeed the rest of British Army, have suffered enough trying to bring some peace and order over there,

They have suffered enough? Relative to the innocent people in afganistan who have been the real victims, What have british soldiers suffered?

And before you think i am a sinn fein supporter believe me i am not, and in fact i see the irony and spite in their actions as they were one of the parties that welcomed george bush to belfast. But i do not see why an anti-war demonstration should not take place, in fact i don't see why these "heroes" are allowed march on irish streets after what they have done abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Zand

Sand wrote: »
    Sooooooooo bitter....

WTF, I randomly picked the name from wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zand_dynasty

WAS I SUPPOSED TO ASK YOU FOR PERMISSION AS TO WHAT USER NAME I CHOOSE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

No mention in the original story about the IRA attending the march.

Can I presume the SS RUC will be policing the marches? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

im on the same few as EuskalHerria here! the british soldiers have committed more war crimes around the world in there history and i certainly would not be one to be calling them heroes:rolleyes:
    should in they be marching in there own country OR LONDON PERHAPS?:D

RIR are in their own country, thats the point isn't it?

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The timing is certainly provocative, but in the context of NI, a Sinn Fein rally is no more provocative (to one side of the community) then an RIR homecoming parade.
    mike65 wrote: »

Like Mike says, they are a local regiment. A parade is therefore not offensive to a portion of the community. As the Sinn Fein rally is welcome by another portion. Both (unfortunately)should be allowed the freedom to blow their own trumpets as they wish.

Brave? Bravery is having the guts to stand up against your superiors regardless of the consequences to not take part in an illegal war? Before you start with the regime change in afganistan, there are pleanty of places that need regime change! Just luck that the first place could be used as a training ground for another illegal war in iraq.

They have suffered enough? Relative to the innocent people in afganistan who have been the real victims, What have british soldiers suffered?

And before you think i am a sinn fein supporter believe me i am not, and in fact i see the irony and spite in their actions as they were one of the parties that welcomed george bush to belfast. But i do not see why an anti-war demonstration should not take place, in fact i don't see why these "heroes" are allowed march on irish streets after what they have done abroad.

Their just soldiers obeying orders, blame the politicians for creating the mess.

What have british soldiers suffered? As at 26 March 2008, a total of 176 British Armed Forces personnel or MOD civilians have died serving on Operation TELIC since the start of the campaign in March 2003.

And yes the typical hypocrites of Sinn Fein/IRA did welcome George Bush to Belfast, just to appear pro America on tv for their yank supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

stovelid wrote: »
    The timing is certainly provocative, but in the context of NI, a Sinn Fein rally is no more provocative (to one side of the community) then an RIR homecoming parade.

Good point
    Bote are provocative and maybe they all should be banned from marching??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Zand, you've been reading too much Kipling and you are not equipped to make a logical conclusion.

Mmmmmm, cake.

Mike

WTF, I randomly picked the name from wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zand_dynasty

WAS I SUPPOSED TO ASK YOU FOR PERMISSION AS TO WHAT USER NAME I CHOOSE.

Lol - If youre going to feign innocence, dont immediately recognise what "Sooooooooo bitter" references. Someone who wasnt fakeposting would have been more like "WTF? Bitter about what?". Christ, I wait for an internet stalker for years and I get this sort of quality? FFS!

Gives me a warm feeling inside to know Ive wound you up so much. ;)

Mike

Yes, and the military of any country should not have to take a backseat to the terrorist murderers of Sinn Fein/IRA. As I said, most people will welcome the RIR, they know that they always do their job in a professional manner, but Sinn Fein/IRA will try and gather their usual rabble ( if they can get them out of the pubs and betting shops ) to stir up trouble - yet again.

Their just soldiers obeying orders, blame the politicians for creating the mess.
    Why can soldiers not speak and think for themselves? It was politicians decision to invade iraq and afganistan, so anyone with a conscience that didn't buy into the "war on terror" bulsh*t that was being used to blind people into being more "patriotic" then they could have abstained from going on the tour of iraq surely?
    What have british soldiers suffered? As at 26 March 2008, a total of 176 British Armed Forces personnel or MOD civilians have died serving on Operation TELIC since the start of the campaign in March 2003.
    Not one british soldier would have died if they had refused to participate in an illegal war, instead they took a conscious decision to go to afganistan

Belfast want the rir to march on irish streets for this? Brave men indeed.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/818203/uk_news_of_the_world_shows_british_troops_beating_iraqi_youth

Mmmmmm, cake.

Mike

Bakewell tart ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

How come no mention of the terrorist/murderers of uda/british army?

Sand wrote: »
    Lol - If youre going to feign innocence, dont immediately recognise what "Sooooooooo bitter" references. Someone who wasnt fakeposting would have been more like "WTF? Bitter about what?". Christ, I wait for an internet stalker for years and I get this sort of quality? FFS!

Gives me a warm feeling inside to know Ive wound you up so much. ;)
    Well since you did not make any comment regarding the subject whatsoever, what else was I to conclude but bearing the resemblance of your user name you got the hump ?
    Sop making excuses and interfering, discuss the theme of the thread or KEEP OFF IT.

Zand wrote: »
    As I said, most people will welcome the RIR, they know that they always do their job in a professional manner

A lot of people have very real, justified, issues with the RIR, and especially their antecedents: the UDR. It's pointless to expect everybody to welcome an RIR parade. As pointless as expecting everyone to accept a Sinn Fein rally.

Both should have the right to peaceful assembly as long as it they stay out of flashpoint areas.

Well since you did not make any comment whatsoever, what else was I to conclude but bearing the resemblance of your user name you got the hump ?
    Sop making excuses and interfering, discuss the theme of the thread or KEEP OFF IT.

Oh Dlofnep...Your need to control the threads you start betrays you....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭ibuprofen

Arn't the RIR a terrorist army fighting in an illegal war with a dodgy record in the north.

Check the link http://www.rirbase.co.uk/files/news.asp

stovelid wrote: »
    A lot of people have very real, justified, issues with the RIR, and especially their antecedents: the UDR. It's pointless to expect everybody to welcome an RIR parade. As pointless as expecting everyone to except a Sinn Fein rally.

Both should have the right to peaceful assembly as long as it they stay out of flashpoint areas.
    But can you not see, the whole point of Sinn Fein/IRA IS TO MAKE TROUBLE and insult those and the community from which they come who have given so much to the army ?

ibuprofen wrote: »
    Arn't the RIR a terrorist army fighting in an illegal war with a dodgy record in the north.

Check the link http://www.rirbase.co.uk/files/news.asp

Can you and this Sand joker just keep to the theme of the thread or KEEP OFF IT. I'm trying to discuss soldiers acting under orders against terrorism and their families trying to give them a homecoming.

But can you not see, the whole point of Sinn Fein/IRA IS TO MAKE TROUBLE and insult those and the community from which they come who have given so much to the army ?

Sinn fein/ira,Can you not tell the difference? You do realise that the ira have fully decommisioned? But im sure independant researchers just couldn't be enough proof for you, becaue your in the know;):rolleyes:

Secondly sinn fein are not going ahead with this protest now as there is enough tension with policing matters so they are not going ahead with it.

Other republican organisations who are actually against the war will be there, Eirigi and also the IRSP hopefully we will be attending and oraganising a peaceful anti-war protest to coincide with the disgraceful parade for puppets of war criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Celebrating murderers. :rolleyes: Bunch of scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭TOMASJ

Sinn Fein/IRA are going to organize a provocative march on the very day that the Royal Irish Regiment are to have a homecoming parade through Belfast city centre. They have applied to the Parades Commission for a so called anti war demonstration of up to 500 people on the day 200 RIR return for a homecoming after their peace keeping tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.

These brave young men and women will be welcomed by decent who know they have a very difficult job to do and do it in the most professional manner. I'm sure the vast majority of people will agree the RIR and indeed the rest of British Army, have suffered enough trying to bring some peace and order over there, without the terrorist layabouts who support Sinn Fein/IRA insulting them on their homecoming
    Does anyone know if the the RIRs comrades from UDA UFF UVF RHC PAF and the DUPs THIRD FORCE are taking part in this celebration of murder in Afganistan.
    dosent seem right to not include all the tribe.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭ibuprofen

Can you and this Sand joker just keep to the theme of the thread or KEEP OFF IT. I'm trying to discuss soldiers acting under orders against terrorism and their families trying to give them a homecoming.

I am replying to your post .You refer to the RIR as doing their job 'in the most professional manner'. My link proves that the RIR have a bad record and do not always act professionally.

You might also remember there was an anti war march in Dublin that 100,000 attended and that not everyone agrees with celebrating an illegal war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Since when was the war in Afghanistan illegal? I thought they were out there on a UN sanctioned mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

do sinn fein have nothing better to do with their weekends? surely theres a few press releases that have to be done up to deny any IRA activity whatsoever in punishment beatings, bank robberies, drug seizures, (add on illegal activity of you choice here).....

• Advertisement

podge79 wrote: »
    do sinn fein have nothing better to do with their weekends? surely theres a few press releases that have to be done up to deny any IRA activity whatsoever in punishment beatings, bank robberies, drug seizures, (add on illegal activity of you choice here).....

Sinn fein now have nothing to do with this demonstration. Now that your problem with sinn fein is over, what is your opinion on parading murders?

This thread is pathetic, i can't believe i seem to be defending P$f here but the amount of small minded and uneducated drivel is unbelievable!! I do not agree with the politics of sinn fein but the fact that people here want to lob them in with "Da 'Ra" really shows how serious you expect anyone to take yee're post!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement