Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein/IRA to organise provocative march

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

All killing is wrong. If that is not enough for you then I will take it that you don't consider that all killing is wrong, and are therefore amoral enough to justify some killing to yourself.

Callina, if you were to say that you regret and condemn the killing of all innocents, then Dlofnep would accept that. Dlof himself regrets and condemns the killing of all innocents without condemning any organisation carrying out those killings so he cant have any issue with such a position.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Sand wrote: »
    Nope, Zand/Dlofnep...you see, I disagreed with Dlofnep on a thread on the internet. Dlofnep doesnt take that sort of crap from anyone, especially a West Brit British Army apologist who dared to criticise his beloved Gerry Adams! He was going to show that Sand guy a thing or two! Yeah! Oh yeah, Sand would rue the day he ever crossed paths with Dlofnep!

see, this is what I get for not venturing in here very often. Anyway I thought you disagreed with everyone......

or at least used to anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

see, this is what I get for not venturing in here very often. Anyway I thought you disagreed with everyone......

or at least used to anyway.

I dont disagree with everyone...its just most people are simply misguided, or uninformed.
    This has been the most entertaining post I've seen from you. Kudos sir.

Ah dont row back now Zand, I was hoping to see you troll more Provos to entertain me with the sight of Provos tearing strips off each other over fakeposts.

Callina, if you were to say that you regret and condemn the killing of all innocents, then Dlofnep would accept that. Dlof himself regrets and condemns the killing of all innocents without condemning any organisation carrying out those killings so he cant have any issue with such a position.

Tough on Dlofnep then because what's on table is what he is getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Calina wrote: »
    All killing is wrong. If that is not enough for you then I will take it that you don't consider that all killing is wrong, and are therefore amoral enough to justify some killing to yourself. That's fine; it will just colour my opinion of yours. I am not hiding behind "all killing is wrong", you are hiding behind "some killing is justified if it's done against people I don't like". Anything else you want you can't have because I have said what I am going to say on killing people. It is you who wants to slice and dice the justification of killing human beings.

I'm done with you. You categorically selected the IRA to condemn, but have yet to condemn the British army. You are select with your condemnations, and therefore a hypocrite. You can continuously prance on about how all killing is wrong, but until you admit that the British army should be condemned, you're not but a predictable hypocrite.

Just say it. It's quite simple.

"I condemn the British army for their murder of civilians".

If you don't say it, it's because you can't.

• Advertisement

I dont disagree with everyone...its just most people are simply misguided, or uninformed.

Tell me - Was I uninformed for stating that the British army killed countless civilians?

dlofnep wrote: »
    You can continuously prance on about how all killing is wrong, but until you admit that the British army should be condemned, you're not but a predictable hypocrite.

Nope. It's the ones who select who can be justifiably killed are hypocrites.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭TOMASJ

podge79 wrote: »
    I never said I did! your making assumptions that I am defending such a thing... please point out to me where i said that the people of iraq were been defended by bombing baghdad
    I am drawing a comparisment on the two conflicts, try and follow

If the IRA bombing Manchester was not defending the people of the North

then british army inc the RIR bombing Baghdad was not defending the people of Iraq

That makes what the british were doing the same as what the IRA were doing

Therefore they are terrorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

the killing of innocent civilians is wrong...

as regards Iraq - IMO a state has a right to defend itself against threats to it. the British and Americans believed there was a threat to their security and took the action they deemed necessary. With the benefit of hindsight we now know there was no such threat ... but as always hindsight is a great thing.

Nope. It's the ones who select who can be justifiably killed are hypocrites.

I still you're still avoiding the issue. No problem. I'll just take it that you're not able to condemn the British army. That's fine.

• Advertisement

as regards Iraq - IMO a state has a right to defend itself against threats to it. the British and Americans believed there was a threat to their security and took the action they deemed necessary. With the benefit of hindsight we now know there was no such threat ... but as always hindsight is a great thing.

The British army were a threat to the civilians of Ireland. Therefore, the IRA had a right to defend itself against the British by your judgement. I'm glad we can both agree that the IRA was justified in their attacks on British military.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you are not able to see that condemning all killing condemns all killing, that's not my problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Allah Hu Akbar

So if North Korea attacked the South because they felt the need to defend thmeselves that would be ok?

Do you really still ****ing believe this war was about anything else other than oil?

The British army were a threat to the civilians of Ireland. Therefore, the IRA had a right to defend itself against the British by your judgement. I'm glad we can both agree that the IRA was justified in their attacks on British military.

I do not agree.. the IRA were not justified.. the IRA are not or do not represent any state.. they claim to but do not

So if North Korea attacked the South because they felt the need to defend thmeselves that would be ok?

Do you really still ****ing believe this war was about anything else other than oil?

economies of us and uk are built on oil... therefore the safety of a continued oil supply is in itself a security issue for both.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you are not able to see that condemning all killing condemns all killing, that's not my problem.

It's your problem if you're not able to condemn the British army categorically, but were able to do so for the IRA.

And if condemning all killings, then why focus on the IRA? Surely by your new found logic, it would fall into the same category. You've more holes in your debate than a tennis racket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Nobody is going to buy this lark of soldiers, no matter what regiment or country they serve, parading after they have been to Iraq or Afghanistan,killing innocents deliberately or accidentally, its so last century. Our eyes have been opened as to military intervention and the real reasons for warfare in the 21st century so nobody is going to wave flags for the military bar like minded people and family members. The IRA brethern need little excuse to protest as the sight of a British flag is enough to cause them to foam at the mouth.

But at least I don't condone any killing of people. If I read you correctly you'd condone the killing of British Army personal and IRA terrorists because they aren't innocents.

Wouldn't you?

economies of us and uk are built on oil... therefore the safety of a continued oil supply is in itself a security issue for both.

So now you're saying it was ok to go to war and murder over a million people just because of oil? If you were infront of me I'd knock your head off.
    I do not agree.. the IRA were not justified.. the IRA are not or do not represent any state.. they claim to but do not

Do you even know your history? You're living in a free country today because of the IRA, unless your from England? Which wouldn't surprise me.

So then it should be easy for you to condemn the British army istead of dancing around it for 4 pages. Right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

If anyone else organised a protest against the illegal and immoral and started-by-lies war, I'd say "fair play to them".

However, having Sinn Fein & Co protesting along the lines of "no-one wanted this war and it wasn't justified and public opinion is against it and the killing of thousands" is FAR TOO HYPOCRITICAL......

as regards Iraq -
    IMO a state has a right to defend itself against threats to it. the British and Americans believed there was a threat to their security and took the action they deemed necessary. With the benefit of hindsight we now know there was no such threat ... but as always hindsight is a great thing.
    It takes a certain type of person to believe the sort of crap that was fed to people in the media before Iraq was invaded, You are saying that you believed all this bull put out by the yanks and their wee poodle britian and questioned none of it,
    Most have a lot to learn about what went on in the six countys,
    And why the brits are despised by so many people.

hatred coming out is it?

It's kinda of hard to represent a state that was divided by a foreign nation. The IRA defended the communities from attacks by British personnel.

Do you honestly think that the US army represent the United States when 70% of the population or even more opposed it?

Your logic is TERRIBLE.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    If anyone else organised a protest against the illegal and immoral and started-by-lies war, I'd say "fair play to them".

However, having Sinn Fein & Co protesting along the lines of "no-one wanted this war and it wasn't justified and public opinion is against it and the killing of thousands" is FAR TOO HYPOCRITICAL......

Not really, the IRA was defending it's land - The US & Britain were invading a foreign land.

Sinn Féin are justified in their actions. Tough.

However, having Sinn Fein & Co protesting along the lines of "no-one wanted this war and it wasn't justified and public opinion is against it and the killing of thousands" is FAR TOO HYPOCRITICAL
    Just in case you hadn't noticed the Sinn Fein protest will about a bunch of Thugs and murders celebrating the dirty deeds they got up to in Iraq and Afghanistan,
    in Belfast.

Would you mind explaining?

The IRA always claimed they would remain a group until the people of Ireland voted for which they did do and they dropped their arms how is it hypocritical? You should remember Sinn Fein isn't the IRA. The people in the north wanted the IRA to protect them because the British were KILLING them.

hatred coming out is it?
    Explain?

It's kinda of hard to represent a state that was divided by a foreign nation. The IRA defended the communities from attacks by British personnel.

Do you honestly think that the US army represent the United States when 70% of the population or even more opposed it?

Your logic is TERRIBLE.

as is yours my son

• Advertisement

as is yours my son

Sure. lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement