Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein/IRA to organise provocative march

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭TOMASJ

Was any of those 200 lads from the RIR involved in the invasion of Ireland? No didn't think so.
    Wouldn't think there is anyone around now that was involved in the initial invasion of Ireland,
    those 200 lads were involved in the invasion of two other countries, Iraq & Afghanistan
    why come to the very 1st country that the brits invaded Ireland, to celebrate the skulduggery they got up to in Iraq & Afghanistan

Poccington wrote: »
    Osama is dead?
    Any credible proof?
    Yea did you not hear, the guys who said there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq said so,
    Therefore its true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

TOMASJ wrote: »
    Yea did you not hear, the guys who said there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq said so,
    Therefore its true

So you've no proof?

Ok.

Wouldn't think there is anyone around now that was involved in the initial invasion of Ireland,
    those 200 lads were involved in the invasion of two other countries, Iraq & Afghanistan
    why come to the very 1st country that the brits invaded Ireland, to celebrate the skulduggery they got up to in Iraq & Afghanistan

Dflonep was the one that brought up the Brits invading Ireland, not me. I just asked if any of the 200 had anything to do with the invasion of Ireland which they quite blatantly didn't.... So therefore there was no reason to bring up the invasion in the firstplace. Except to do a bit of Brit bashing of course.

As for Iraq and Afghanistan do you have any proof that the 200 lads that wanted to parade were involved in any "skullduggery"? Or do you wish to hold them responsible for the actions of a small number of troops just because they're Brits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

So you've no proof?

Ok.

Well seing at as at the time of the 9/11 attacks he had uncurable cancer (of the stomach or kidneys if i remember correctly) and most experts agree he is indeed dead. besides the burden to prove he is alive as a means of some how justifying what the RIR are doing in afghanistan is on you not me.

• Advertisement

Well seing at as at the time of the 9/11 attacks he had uncurable cancer (of the stomach or kidneys if i remember correctly) and most experts agree he is indeed dead. besides the burden to prove he is alive as a means of some how justifying what the RIR are doing in afghanistan is on you not me.

Which experts are these exactly?

If Osama is dead or not has nothing to do with "justifying" what the Royal Irish are doing. I just want to know how people know he's definitely dead, rather than referring to "Experts" and pure speculation.

Dflonep was the one that brought up the Brits invading Ireland, not me. I just asked if any of the 200 had anything to do with the invasion of Ireland which they quite blatantly didn't.... So therefore there was no reason to bring up the invasion in the firstplace. Except to do a bit of Brit bashing of course.

As for Iraq and Afghanistan do you have any proof that the 200 lads that wanted to parade were involved in any "skullduggery"? Or do you wish to hold them responsible for the actions of a small number of troops just because they're Brits
    ?
    Put the shoe on the other foot for a moment,
    the IRA had a ceasefire 12 years ago, if they were to have a celebration parade for that ceasefire trough Belfast with only young lads 20 years and below,
    Who could could not have been involved in any of the Norths troubles as they were children when the IRA were active ,
    would that be ok with all the pro brit posters on the board,

So you've no proof?

Ok
    So there should have been no war as it was illegal,
    therefore no call for parade in Belfast for the destruction and murder in Iraq and an illegal invasion by a poodle army.;)
    OK

Put the shoe on the other foot for a moment,
    the IRA had a ceasefire 12 years ago, if they were to have a celebration parade for that ceasefire trough Belfast with only young lads 20 years and below,
    Who could could not have been involved in any of the Norths troubles as they were children when the IRA were active ,
    would that be ok with all the pro brit posters on the board,

I'm not seeing how such a situation would be the same as 200 lads just back from a Overseas mission?

The parade has nothin to do with Brit occupaion, terrorism, or lads celebrating something that happened years before them. It's 200 lads that wanted to hold a parade on their return from Overseas. Not quite the same as a load of young lads wanting to celebrate a ceasefire that happened years before them.

So not quite the best of comparisons.

So there should have been no war as it was illegal,
    therefore no call for parade in Belfast for the destruction and murder in Iraq and an illegal invasion by a poodle army.;)
    OK

What about Afghanistan where the majority of the lads would have served? That wasn't an illegal war. So therefore let the lads have the parade.

As for the Brits being a poodle army... I'd hate to see what you refer to most other armed forces since the Brits are some of the best trained troops in the world ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Firefly Fan

If it was a parade to celebrate peace, I'm all for it.
    If its a parade to celebrate an illegal war and subsequently, occupation, I'm against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I Have never ever heard of PIRA marching down the street?:eek: That would condradict their rule on "keeping quiet"
    You never see the way they march in full "uniform" when one of their own dies?
    When will that be? When all the oil is gone?
    When they start to get the oil? Seriously: the oil price only went up when they invaded.

What about Afghanistan where the majority of the lads would have served? That wasn't an illegal war. So therefore let the lads have the parade.

As for the Brits being a poodle army... I'd hate to see what you refer to most other armed forces since the Brits are some of the best trained troops in the world
    So you are admitting that the invasion of Iraq and the following war where the 200 lad served was illegal,
    that would make the occupation army terrorists (inc the 200 RIR lads)
    now you wouldn't want to be bringing 200 terrorist to Belfast to gloat about an illegal terrorist war. "would you"

the_syco wrote: »
    You never see the way they march in full "uniform" when one of their own dies
    That's called a Funeral never saw any posts objecting to a RIR funeral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Allah Hu Akbar

the_syco wrote: »
    You never see the way they march in full "uniform" when one of their own dies?

When they start to get the oil? Seriously: the oil price only went up when they invaded.

Yeah and ask yourself why the price went up? I mean Iraq wasn't allowed to export oil anyways so why was it the price went up? Supply and demand :rolleyes:

Maybe you should do abit of looking up about the pipelines going from Iraq
    to Israel!!

Funny the way Shell got a 4 billion deal for LNG only last month, wonder where all that goes? Because Iraq isn't getting it..

So you are admitting that the invasion of Iraq and the following war where the 200 lad served was illegal,
    that would make the occupation army terrorists (inc the 200 RIR lads)
    now you wouldn't want to be bringing 200 terrorist to Belfast to gloat about an illegal terrorist war. "would you"

No actually I support the war in Iraq. However, it's quite obvious you believe it's illegal so I feel no need to try force what I believe in on you.

I don't believe the RIR are in any way terrorists in the same way I wouldn't considered the Allies terrorists even though they have acts such as the bombing of Dresden to their name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Was any of those 200 lads from the RIR involved in the invasion of Ireland? No didn't think so.

It's a moot point. Read the context of my argument. I was asked in regards to Osama Bin Laden attacking Ireland - Where the great and wonderful British troops were defending us. I pointed out that Osama was or never will be a threat to Ireland as we keep to ourselves and that infact, the only army to ever be a threat to Ireland in the past was infact the British army. So regardless of the RIR troops had a part it in, they are apart of a greater evil - and that is the British army.
    Name the 50 please. I'd be very interested to hear them, as I'm sure you're quite the expert on the military capabilities of foreign nations.

I do know that Iraq was accused of having weapons of mass destruction, but none were ever found. Meanwhile, in North Korea - they were flaunting their nuclear arsenal around - What did Britain do about it? Nothing, that's right. Iraq was at no point a threat to Britain or the US. I would consider Russia, China & North Korea a greater threat to world-peace if they were provoked enough to attack. It was all a lie, to attempt to engage the public in support for an immoral war on the Iraqi people. You know it and I know it.
    Eye witness reports from Iraqi civilians? I'm sure none of those folk could ever tell a lie.

Oh, so all the British soldiers are noble and all Iraqis are compulsive liars, right? You're sickening. I have documented numerous reports on human rights abuses by British military - Why don't you go have a read of them instead of trying to categorise all Iraqi civilians as liars in an attempt to make a point.
    As for civilian deaths, I'll let you in on a little secret.... Civilians die in war. It's not a nice thing but it happens.

Right so, you've no problems with the civilians who died at the hands of the IRA or Loyalist paramilitaries then I take it? After, "civilians die in war".

And yes, to an extent - there is civilian casualties. But that doesn't explain the numerous reports which stated categorically that unnecessary civilian life was lost. Using disgusting weaponry like cluster bombs doesn't help either, now does it?

I have resources to backup my claims, even from British news sources.
    Poor planning, air strikes by coalition forces and a "climate of violence" have led to more than 100,000 extra deaths in Iraq, scientists claim.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3962969.stm
    The use of cluster munitions in populated areas caused more civilian casualties than any other factor in the coalition´s conduct of major military operations in March and April, Human Rights Watch said. U.S. and British forces used almost 13,000 cluster munitions, containing nearly 2 million submunitions, that killed or wounded more than 1,000 civilians.

Source: http://hrw.org/english/docs/2003/12/12/iraq6582.htm

Enjoy. :)

No actually I support the war in Iraq. However, it's quite obvious you believe it's illegal so I feel no need to try force what I believe in on you.

I don't believe the RIR are in any way terrorists in the same way I wouldn't considered the Allies terrorists even though they have acts such as the bombing of Dresden to their name
    Sorry
    to point out the obvious Poccington, but just because you support the war in Iraq does not change the fact that it is an illegal war,
    which in turn makes those who took part terrorists. (inc the 200 RIR lads) who want to coat trail through Belfast.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

Zand wrote: »
    Sinn Fein/IRA are going to organize a provocative march on the very day that the Royal Irish Regiment are to have a homecoming parade through Belfast city centre. They have applied to the Parades Commission for a so called anti war demonstration of up to 500 people on the day 200 RIR return for a homecoming after their peace keeping tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.

These brave young men and women will be welcomed by decent who know they have a very difficult job to do and do it in the most professional manner. I'm sure the vast majority of people will agree the RIR and indeed the rest of British Army, have suffered enough trying to bring some peace and order over there, without the terrorist layabouts who support Sinn Fein/IRA insulting them on their homecoming ??

http://www3.u.tv/news/LocalNews/index.asp?id=91655

Eirigi are organising their people, Republican Sinn Fein will surely be going. A few of us may go up on the train from Dublin on an unoffical protest ;), anyone want details I'll mail them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

And were the brits killed by the 'goodie' IRA ( 1916 - 1921) " involved in the invasion of Ireland " ??
    As for civilian deaths, I'll let you in on a little secret.... Civilians die in war. It's not a nice thing but it happens. It happened in WW1, it happened in WW2, it happened in Vietnam, it happened in North Korea, it happened with the Ruskies in Afghanistan, it happened in the 1st Gulf War and it will continue to happen in every war from now until the end of time. It's not nice but it's inevitable.

Yes and the same could be said of Birmingham pub bombings, Enniskillen etc though in the case of Birmingham - telephones that the IRA were to use to warn the police were vadalised, by the time they got the warning thru the cops arrived too late and bingo.

Enniskillen - bomb planted but failed to go off as brit patrol was passing by. Bomb set off by brit scrambling systems ( brit patrols used to carry an electronic device mounted on a back pack to which snet out random signals to try and activate expolsives before patrol was near ) as people waiting for brit memorial to the war criminals of the Empire etc

Yes indeed " Civilians die in war....It's not nice but it's inevitable "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

So nice that there are so many new posters involved in this thread, also nice there are so many peace loving people too.

This thread has managed to achieve new lows for this board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Zand wrote: »
    Their just soldiers obeying orders, blame the politicians for creating the mess.

That hasn't been an excuse since the Nuremburg Tribunals.

dlofnep wrote: »
    I do know that Iraq was accused of having weapons of mass destruction, but none were ever found. Meanwhile, in North Korea - they were flaunting their nuclear arsenal around - What did Britain do about it? Nothing, that's right. Iraq was at no point a threat to Britain or the US. I would consider Russia, China & North Korea a greater threat to world-peace if they were provoked enough to attack. It was all a lie, to attempt to engage the public in support for an immoral war on the Iraqi people. You know it and I know it.

Actually i think you'll find Britain, france and Germany did quite a lot about it, but I don't expect you to notice as it happened in that place you appear to know nothing about, it's called the "outside world".

If you go onto google earth and search for Ireland, then pan out. you will see this big round thing called "The World", it is a lot bigger than ireland, much bigger. Then if you carry on panning out (Not sure of google will allow it, but try) you will see this thing called "The Sun". You may be able to see that the "World" revolves around the "Sun", not Ireland. You may also see just how small and not all that important Ireland actually is. This is why it has not yet appeared on the Al Qeada radar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

McArmalite wrote: »

Yes and the same could be said of Birmingham pub bombings, Enniskillen etc though in the case of Birmingham - telephones that the IRA were to use to warn the police were vadalised, by the time they got the warning thru the cops arrived too late and bingo.

Enniskillen - bomb planted but failed to go off as brit patrol was passing by. Bomb set off by brit scrambling systems ( brit patrols used to carry an electronic device mounted on a back pack to which snet out random signals to try and activate expolsives before patrol was near ) as people waiting for brit memorial to the war criminals of the Empire etc

Yes indeed " Civilians die in war....It's not nice but it's inevitable "

I see, so lets get this clear:

The British police, the army and the RUC are completely compromised in their dealings with Republicans. Check.

On occasion, said groups have even resorted to dirty intelligence and counter-terrorism tricks which have resulted in civilian casualties. Check.

As a result, it is clear that said groups don't really give a sh*t about Joe Civillan. Check.

IRA regularly acknowledge that said groups don't really give a sh*t about Joe Civillan. Check.

IRA plant gigantic bombs in public areas and explicitly trust the goodwill, probity and professionalism of said groups to relay confusing bomb warnings to innocent citizens. Very Much Not A Check.

IRA secretly do not care about the veracity and usefulness of bomb warnings because the civilians are either Brits (Brimingham), dirty, mostly-Prod, Cenotaph-huggers (Eniskillen), or factored war collateral (General). Check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭JWAD

McArmalite wrote: »

:rolleyes:
    How typical...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

So nice that there are so many new posters involved in this thread, also nice there are so many peace loving people too.

This thread has managed to achieve new lows for this board.

Because it criticises your beloved British army? Heh.
    Actually i think you'll find Britain, france and Germany did quite a lot about it, but I don't expect you to notice as it happened in that place you appear to know nothing about, it's called the "outside world".

Did quite alot about what? Care to offer a rebuttal for the argument which I placed up in the air, or are you going to dance around it?

1000's of civilians are dead at the hands of British troops, not including the civilians they killed here in Ireland. Nothing will ever change that, and no argument you could ever conjure up will excuse it.

A war created on the premise of a lie, while other more threatening nations got away scot-free.

The only country to attack Ireland in recent history is Britain, but yet Osama is somehow a threat to us - a peaceful nation.

Oh, not to mention the collection of articles and references I posted for your viewing pleasure in regards to breaches of human rights by the British army.
    If you go onto google earth and search for Ireland, then pan out. you will see this big round thing called "The World", it is a lot bigger than ireland, much bigger. Then if you carry on panning out (Not sure of google will allow it, but try) you will see this thing called "The Sun". You may be able to see that the "World" revolves around the "Sun", not Ireland. You may also see just how small and not all that important Ireland actually is. This is why it has not yet appeared on the Al Qeada radar.

Cute Fred, cute. I'm well aware of the significance of Ireland in terms of a global agenda. But if you're trying to dispute that Osama Bin Laden has no interest in Ireland or never would have because stay out of other people's business and don't try to dictate how the world runs, then you're severely wrong.

Weak debate Fred, even by your standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭JWAD

The only country to attack Ireland in recent history is Britain, but yet Osama is somehow a threat to us - a peaceful nation

You really believe that this country is immune to any attacks of whatever degree? A tad naive methinks, especially when the country per se doesn't necessarily have to be the target.

'Peaceful' or 'Neutral' Ireland actually has its part to play in rendition flights and non-disclosure of what uses its airspace and air facilities and in turn is a contributor to what goes on.

Since you mention Usama bin Ladin, given all the doctored video footage that gets released from time to time, it looks like he's dead. Or else he's one hell of a Grecian 2000 customer and just shy when referring to current events by blanking the screen in his clips.

Because it criticises your beloved British army? Heh.

No, because this starts off about one thing and ends up with what the British Army have done in Northern Ireland.

Its pretty ****ing boring actually, lets see who can insult who the most without getting banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

My advice is do not attend this march unless you want to be marked. Belfast just like Dublin and London is covered in CCTV surveylance cameras, many using high definition 3D facial recognition with pan tilt and zoom. If this march blows out of proportion or if there is future trouble the UK authorities have you on record.

Living in the UK particularly London is an now an Orwellian hell compared to what it was like living there back in the 70ies & 80ies. The UK cops can track anyone down in hours from Digiital records, Oystercard, CCTV, ANPR and very soon your chipped ID card or passport when you cross the border from Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Living in the UK particularly London is an now an Orwellian hell compared to what it was like living there back in the 70ies & 80ies. The UK cops can track anyone down in hours from Digiital records, Oystercard, CCTV, ANPR and very soon your chipped ID card or passport when you cross the border from Ireland.

Hopefully the overabundance of garish Celtic shirts in the cavalcade will wreak havoc with the CCTV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement