Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNS Prob

Options
  • 18-10-2008 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi,

Getting DNS failure when trying to play xbox live.
    Was working, but since changing router to Belkin N1, its the DNS stopping me. I'm with Smart.
    Practical IT novice, but has anyone any advice or info to help?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

I don't have an x-box myself but suspect that the problem with no dns settings entered in the Belkin.

Would you know where to change them. You usually have to access the router at something like http://192.168.1.1 but can be different between models.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ManyQuestions

Hi,

Yeah, can access the router, but i dont kow what to do from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Login to the router, look for the link for Internet WAN or simillar, (Sorry I have not been able to find a user manual for one of these).

Then look for DNS, next uncheck the auto from ISP check box and enter the DNS of your provider or you can enter the open DNS server IPs:

into the two fields on the page. Save the changes then the easiest way to renew the IP is to reboot the pc / games console. This is all assuming that you are using the said router for your DHCP resolution.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

The settings above are perfect. I recommend OpenDNS too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

:D

MC

• Advertisement
Advertisement