Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Irish Broadband good now?

Options
  • 18-10-2008 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

We want to get rid of the line rental charge and switch to Irish Broadband and Blueface.

I remember hearing they were terrible a few years ago and knew a girl in Galway that had it and it was terribly slow - That was only this time last year.

Have they improved?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Can a leopard change its spots?

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There are are several other major ISPs that don't work via phone line.
    Also other non-eircom phone services than Blueface.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pigeon1916

We want to get rid of the line rental charge and switch to Irish Broadband and Blueface.

I remember hearing they were terrible a few years ago and knew a girl in Galway that had it and it was terribly slow - That was only this time last year.

Have they improved?

Thanks.

I use Irish BroadBand Breeze 2Mb and also have Blueface VOIP.
    I have both about 2 years now and have never had any problem at all.
    Both are in use every day. I have also heard that Freespeach might be worth a look as a VOIP exchange provider.
    My location is Drogheda.
    People in different locations might have a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Can a leopard change its spots?

MC

Yes they can.

This brings up the old debate about the different packages. Ripwave = casual surfing = so so service, cheap and cheerful, generally ok

Breeze (mine) super, heavy duty, unlimited service.

I love my Breeze.

Advertisement