Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Speakers for surround sound, what do ye think?

• 18-10-2008 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

what do ye guys think of these:

http://shop.meshcomputersownersclub.com/browse/product_details.php?id=235

dont know much about this whole home entertainment really. but i know 5.1 is supposed to be good. Also do these speakers usually come with a dvd player/unit for controlling the sound? or can one of these be gotten seperately?

i have my tv/sky box/dvd playerin the corner. i have speaker cble running from the corner to 4 points in the room. can these speakers be just connected directly to these cables?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Since these are computer speakers, you won't get a DVD player with them, only the 5 speakers and woofer. Not sure on plugging these into a TV or DVD/Sky box though, you might need some adaptors.

Generally PC speakers all plug into the woofer and this regulates the sound between all 5 speakers, you would have to slack out their cables to position them so you can't just plus them into your existing cables.

Advertisement