Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prem thread - Late edition. (scores inside)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

From BBC:
    1627: GOAL Stoke 1-1 Tottenham

1626: "The Spurs tragedy continues... even Shakespeare couldn't write a script like this!"
    sportsportsport on 606

Tempting fate is funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Last man.

Thanks. Just managed to get a stream of both games. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Jaysis, Gomes in floods of tears after taking a knock to the ribs.

Hull up to 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Thrill wrote: »
    Hull up to 3rd.

Just 21 more points needed for safety!! :pac:

That's a good goal.

EDIT: Delap gets on the end of a great cross to stick Stoke up 2 - 1.

Great cross. stoke 2-1 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭DenMan

Stoke 2 Tottenham 1. dear dear dear. As an Arsenal I should be happy. The promoted sides are doing fantastic so far. So good in fact Hull have moved ahead Arsenal today. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Poor poor Spurs. It really is mystifying when you look at that team sheet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,100 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

This is just nuts. Spurs potentially just 2 points from 24...

<edit>
    Ouch, Stoke defender and Hutton just killed Sorensen..a slide into him followed by knee to the head. Subbed off.

<edit2> Corluka looks in bits now, knee in the ribs from Gomes.

A lot of defender/keeper aggression on the field today it seems!

<edit3> Christ, Gomes just clattered Corluka AGAIN only mins after the last one, on the ground, lots of attention.
    Being Stretchered off.

lol. spurs keeper knees another player, this time in the jaw.

EDIT. Looks worse than I thought it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Surely this is the end for Ramos. A draw is nowhere near good enough.

PHB wrote: »

And they're still losing at the moment! Frankly they've been sh1t. Modric is the only bit of a spark. Man, he must be regretting that move!

He's been down a long time. Hope he's O.K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Pld W D L F A Diff Pts
    20 Tottenham Hotspur 8 0 2 6 5 12 -7 2

If they lose today...that is a seriously shocking start. Its not even as if they had THAT tough a run of games.

Middlesbrough
    Sunderland
    Chelsea
    Villa
    Wigan
    Portsmouth
    Hull City
    Stoke City

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote: »

Pld W D L F A Diff Pts
    20 Tottenham Hotspur 8 0 2 6 5 12 -7 2

If they lose today...that is a seriously shocking start. Its not even as if they had THAT tough a run of games.

Middlesbrough
    Sunderland
    Chelsea
    Villa
    Wigan
    Portsmouth
    Hull City
    Stoke City

Next 4 league games are;
    Bolton,
    Arsenal,
    Liverpool
    ManCity.
    Now sure how much i can see them getting out of that. Have Udinese away in the middle in Europe as well.

Have offered very little today. Stoke have been physical and high spirited and its just proven to be too much. Very few spurs players look too bothered...Bent and Modric do, to be fair. Barely seen Pavlychenko since he came on. Bently gone off a good while ago after offering nothing besides making sure his greased back quif is still lookin' good.

PHB wrote: »

I don't know where they go from here given the emotional and monetary investment they put into him. Though the real problem lies in their transfer market decisions of the past few years:

- extremely high overall squad turnover;
    - bad balance between high talent / light physical players and players who can win possession and prevent the opposition playing;
    - too much potential and not enough players for the here and now who can provide leadership and be a good influence;
    Thrill wrote: »
    He's been down a long time. Hope he's O.K.

Hopefully it is mostly precautionary. Never nice to see that.

The just look so hapless in the last third.

As sh/t as my own Newcastle have been since Keegan left, we always look like we could nick a goal or two, irrespective of how cack the defence has been.

Problem is, window isn't open for another 2 1/2 months, by which time it will be far too late for Spurs if they can't start eeking out some sort of results.

As one poster highlighted, this terrible run has come against relatively mediocre opposition, which makes you reliase that Spurs have some tough fixtures ahead.

Hopefully it is mostly precautionary. Never nice to see that.

they said he regained consciousness once he got to the ambulance and is en route to the hospital now anyway, so should be ok.

11 min stoppage time :eek: LOL. I don't think I have ever seen more than 6 given.

• Advertisement

LOL! Penalty No.2 for Stoke!

.....and......

:o

Not a goal!
    Went off both Posts, then came out for a shot from Delap which hit the bar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Next 4 league games are Bolton, Arsenal, Liverpool and ManCity. Now sure how much i can see them getting out of that.

This is the biggest problem. Spurs will have 2 points from 8 games, worse than Derby last year. And from the next 4 games, considering form, I can't see us getting any more points, so it will be 2 points from 12 games, which is absolutely shocking. I can't see anything other than relegation for us at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Missed . Both posts and then the bar :eek:

penalty for stoke........

.....missed.

lol, both posts and then the bar on the follow up.

Penalty again to Spurs. Very lazy from Woodgate.

Hits both posts, and then delap hits it off the bar on the followup. LOL.

I hope stoke don't regret that.

Exciting last few minutes it must be said.

Exciting last few minutes it must be said.

Indeed. But for a team that has been handed a lifeline with 11 mins stoppage time, Spurs are the ones who look like they want the whistle blown. Great energy displayed from Stoke.

Edit: Dawson sent off. Horrible tackle.

Dont think i've ever seen a match with more incidents!!

Dawson OFF Straight RED!

Down to 9 men, and lucky to only be losing 2-1, could easily have been 4-0 considering some of Stokes missed chances and Bents goal being offside.

Feck. Red card for spurs.

• Advertisement

Andy Gray is an idiot. That is a definite red card according to the letter of the law and a good solid decision by the referee.

Andy Gray is an idiot. That is a definite red card according to the letter of the law and a good solid decision by the referee.

Sorry, but Andy Gray is dead right. He hit the ball first, then up and over. No way was it a red. If he's gone straight over the top it would have been a red, otherwise it was a free kick, yellow at the most.

Stoke hit the bar again. lol.

Fuller hits the bar! Fckin Nuts!

OVER FT-2-1 Stoke

Agreed. He even says he rolled the ball, which by the rules, is a no no.

What a hit.

Edit: FT. Bye bye Juande.

I should add that I do believe Gray is an idiot, despite the fact that I agree with him there.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Sorry, but Andy Gray is dead right. He hit the ball first, then up and over. No way was it a red. If he's gone straight over the top it would have been a red, otherwise it was a free kick, yellow at the most.

His lead foot was above ankle height with the studs showing and made contact with the other player's standing leg in a forceful fashion. RED CARD.

Jeez. That game had everything, didn't it. Fcuk your grand slam sundays, that was the business.

That was fun. Spurs in a world of ****. It'll get worse before it gets better imo. Now, I'm off to watch some real football. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Sigh. Maybe our jerseys and tickets will be cheaper in the Championship.

Can't believe Spurs and Newcastle are the bottom 2 in the league! Newcastle have a game to play at least.

What a nuts game, glad I watched it now, so many incidents! Stoke thoroughly deserved the win. They now have over 3times as many points as Spurs...Who'd have thought we could say that after 8 games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Hhahahahah Luka Modric. Knew he was so overrated. 16 million...hahahahahahhah....lmao. the only thing he has is intelligence, his passing, tackling, shooting jus everything so so bad.

how bad is spurs midfield? jenas is a nothing player...zokora is brainless, same with lennon although he was ok today and modric...love it..hope they go down.

Hhahahahah Luka Modric. Knew he was so overrated. 16 million...hahahahahahhah....lmao. the only thing he has is intelligence, his passing, tackling, shooting jus everything so so bad.

Warning: THIS THREAD SHOULD NOT BE TURNED INTO AN AIDAN MCGEADY DISCUSSION.

at least he actually looked a bit interested today. One of few. I wouldn't be so hard on him to be honest, nobody was putting in the effort around him, must be very frustrating. Still think he's quality when he doesn't have to run midfield on his own, as well as be the main creative force. At someone like Arsenal I think he'd be awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think Modric is not bad, in the end can make it as a good top 6 player I think.

Ramos has to be fired. If not, Levy is an idiot. Even if he doesn't deserve to be fired, 2 points is just not acceptable. A new manager if being brought in should be done right now.

I wonder would Grant be availible.

• Advertisement

lol at Tony Pulis
    "I dont like to see managers getting sacked, I hope they stick with the manager"

I bet you do Tony!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

well as i said he is quick minded but he's out of his comfort now....maby as the season goes on he'll get his passing boots on, and by passing I mean in difficult situations, anyone can pass the ball sideways. I will say though against Hull he made a great pass to Bent.

actually modric is a bit like steven ireland, he's only as good as the players playing with him.

But seriously Spurs are not a bottom 3 team but their squad strength is over-stated, they have a good few poor players. They have a 12-8th squad imo.

very good keeper
    woodgate should be class.
    bale not good defending but quite good going forward
    Hutton good player
    zokoro-not good enough
    jenas-average
    modric-good
    lennon-above average
    Bentley-**** one season wonder
    bent-decent
    Pav-good

Ramos should only be fired if Commoli is out with him, as he/DOF role is at the root cause of the problem. Spurs will be in the exact same position next year if the bring in Ramos Mk II, but continue with their idiotic ways at boardroom level.

Is now not the time that Spurs fans should be congregating at WHL making their voice heard.

His lead foot was above ankle height with the studs showing and made contact with the other player's standing leg in a forceful fashion. RED CARD.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. He had no intention of catching the players standing leg. He aimed for the ball and fair enough he was above ankle height, but only because his foot rebounded over the ball. Bad tackle - unlucky and poorly timed, but not deserving of a red. In my opinion. I'd be curious to see if it'll get recinded.

SuprSi wrote: »
    We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. He had no intention of catching the players standing leg. He aimed for the ball and fair enough he was above ankle height, but only because his foot rebounded over the ball. Bad tackle - unlucky and poorly timed, but not deserving of a red. In my opinion. I'd be curious to see if it'll get recinded.

id bet any money that it wont be. The only ones that get recinded are decisions which are clearly wrong. This at best is 50/50, and in reality id say its probably much more in favour of red. Sky pundits have all said definate red, and while they dont matter, its easy for the FA to stick with the decision if public opinion is that it was right.

IMO it was a red. Yes his foot went for the man after rolling up over the ball, but his foot shouldn't have been high enough to roll over the ball in the first place, especially when tackling head on where foot carries on straight into exposed leg, rather then from the side coming across which would only trip a player.

• Advertisement
Advertisement