Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prem thread - Late edition. (scores inside)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Knob styles strikes again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Penalty for man city plus red card for newcastle. Habib Beye.

penalty........scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Poor decision!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sad state of affairs if Rob Styles is one of the best referees that the PL can find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That was a total travesty.

• Advertisement

What happend that young ref...is he still around the prem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ah c'mon lads, give Styles a break. That looked for all the world a penalty in real time. Especially if you were looking at it from behind the tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

IF you watched the ball you would clearly see it was a great tackle, my half blind mother would have seen it, Styles is a blind muppet and if he thinks apologising again will save him he's mistaken he'll be reffing championship or lower this weekend. Disgrace

Pighead wrote: »
    Ah c'mon lads, give Styles a break. That looked for all the world a penalty in real time. Especially if you were looking at it from behind the tackle.

From behind was the best view..you could see the ball change direction from beye's touch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I think the penalty decision could well have destroyed Newcastle's chances, and any chance of a decent game.

City seem content to hang on to possession in the knowledge that chances will present themselves against ten men.

Stat of the night : - there have been six managers since Shola Ameobi last scored for Newcastle :eek::eek::eek: Seriously son think it might be time for you to pack in this football lark

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »
    IF you watched the ball you would clearly see it was a great tackle, my half blind mother would have seen it, Styles is a blind muppet and if he thinks apologising again will save him he's mistaken he'll be reffing championship or lower this weekend. Disgrace
    Bollox she would have. For a start there is no way that your mother would have been anywhere near close enough to have made a judgement on that tackle. The move started in the City half and within seconds it had resulted in that tackle a full 70 metres away in the Newcastle penalty area. Your half blind mother would have been still floundering about in the City half, absolutely no way in hell she could have seen anything. Don't be giving me that shit.

She's sitting down watching the TV and she saw it :D

You should have gone to specsavers

Villain wrote: »
    She's sitting down watching the TV and she saw it :D

You should have gone to specsavers
    Bollox she is. Your story is full of holes. It wouldn't surprise me if you don't even have a mother.

LOL she actually is

Messy goal but they all count. 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Stat of the night : - there have been six managers since Shola Ameobi last scored for Newcastle :eek::eek::eek: Seriously son think it might be time for you to pack in this football lark

You were saying? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

What a time for you to say that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heh, Kinnear must have wondering if he could buy some luck, and Ameobi :rolleyes: manages not to miss from 6 yards.

Mike

What can I say I have skills :p

This is pretty much the reason I don't gamble anymore -

Sadly it doesnt look like Duff will pick up an assist which wouldhave been nice especially after his poor effort pretty much straight at Hart earlier.

I'd imagine Hughes is skinning the City players in the dressing room.

The match was there for the taking after the first goal yet for the last ten minutes there you wouldn't even think Newcastle were down to ten men.

In the hope there will be more goals, I will now predict the match to remain 1-1 after 90 mins.

Unreal. Can't believe Newcastle equalized. Not even Villains mother could have seen that coming.

Man City should still win though I reckon. 3-1 sounds good to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Cookie monster with a cracker of an og volley.:)

Is Xavi6 on this thread? :pac:

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

mike65 wrote: »
    Heh, Kinnear must have wondering if he could buy some luck,

Must have won the lottery.

Deserved . They've been on top in this second half so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Had a bet with PP that Dunne would score.
    Reckon they'll pay out on that? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Lol, poor Dunne.

If Newcastle win this Joe Kinnear will be a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

2-1 to toon!

dunne own goal!

Oh and Duffer really is getting back to near his best. Great to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Is Xavi6 on this thread?

Mike

Ah now, Mike. How fcuking dare you.

Cookie monster was due an OG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Cookie monster was due an OG

Poor clearance for the 1st goal also.

Ah now, Mike. How fcuking dare you.
    We were all thinking it :D

Des wrote: »
    Must have won the lottery.

No but I'd say he's used up any chance he did have of winning it.

lol that was comical from Evans.Acts all hard when he's on top of Taylor then takes off at full pelt when he looks likt hes getting up. pussy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Bloody cracking save there from Given

Great save.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Who did not see that coming?!
    2-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Thankyou Steven Ireland!
    At least one of my bets came off tonight...

Good for the fantasy team! Good man Ireland. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

International retirement ftw

oooooohh, close. Nearly nicked it there.

A moral victory for Joe Kinnear. A peno that was "marginal", lost a man but gained fighting spirit. City were once again shown to be talented paper tigers.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Robinho doesn't look that good at the moment. Duff looked pretty decent, and Stevie Ireland. Have to say as an Irish player whether he plays for us or not is still representing our country in some form so to see him do well is good.

PLEASE COME BACK

Bit heartbreaking though considering he would be such an asset in a green jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Woooooo, that was a rollercoaster.

I won't say what I think of Styles, as i'm likely to be banned, but that was a woeful decision. Habib is a class player, and we may well have now lost him for 3 games, and it reduced us to fighting an uphill battle from the start.

Great workrate from the lads tonight, all of them. I thought the defence played superbly given they were down a man. City had lots of possession, but every time they got to the final third we shut them out.

Well done Shola. I have been a fierce critic of his, and still am, but not even including the goal, he ran his socks off tonight for us, exactly what we needed. That's all we ask for.

Duffer looked good again today, and the linkup between himself and Geremi was very good. I liked how every time a ball was played through, he'd look to skin man quickly, or step over the ball and allow the pace to continue. Last season he'd slw down all too often on the charge.

I guess a point is about fair given the start we got off to, and the fact that we didn't hammer their goal, but given the comparative squads, and the fact we were fighting with 10 men for the guts of the match, I thought we we're the better team on the night.

From a City point of view, I wasn't too impressed at all with Jo. I think he may be useful for them in Europe, but I don't see him getting more than 10 or so goals in the league.

City looked very ineffective in the last third, particulalry considering the numbers they were up against. However, I thought they sprayed the ball around beautifully at times.The link between defence and midfield looked very natural, and as soon as they won possession, they could get a move going very quickly. Wasteful at times though with long shots, particularly Kompany.

All in all, a good point, but had we nicked the 3, we would have shot up the table (would have only been 1 behind City), and perhaps looked towards ending this relegation battle sooner than expected. Still, when you compare the fight the lads were showing tonight, and the fact that we have Owen, Spiderman, and Barton to come back next week, I am cautiously optimistic. Certainly worlds apart from what Spurs look up to at the moment.

Bit heartbreaking though considering he would be such an asset in a green jersey.

Are we going to go through this evertime city play?

Let it go FFS.

Too true. Too true. Apologies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

JAMES RICHARDSON IS SUCH A HERO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

SHAY GIVEN IS SUCH A HERO.

Made something useful of your post.

• Advertisement
Advertisement