Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Wireless Static IP/Post Forwarding

Options
  • 18-10-2008 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi guys

I am based in dublin and got myself connected to NTL 20MB connection, However i am trying nto connect to Bitcomet and the download speed is very poor.

1) After reading a bit around, i beleive port forwarding and static IP Address has to be setup in order for me to get good speed from the torrents?

2) I have been using the guide on Portforward.com , however it requires me to know the DNS server details for NTL? does anyone know these?

3) How can i increase the download speeds on bitcomet?

Any help would be much appreciate...The wirelss router is netgeat WGR614V...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

192.168.1.1 is the add for the router, look on the bottom of the router and it will give ya the user name and password to access the router, the dns address's ahould be in wan i think

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

This is what I use on ntl with a linksys router. My pc's static ip is 111

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭chursy

thanks for the settings i will try these and get back....The dns servers block is empty on the router...

Advertisement