Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Gameweek 7 - Derby Time

• 18-10-2008 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Sat 18 Oct
    20:00 Atlético Madrid v Real Madrid
    22:00 Espanyol v Villarreal

Sun 19 Oct

17:00 Betis v Mallorca
    17:00 Málaga v Getafe
    17:00 Racing Santander v Deportivo
    17:00 Sporting Gijón v Osasuna
    17:00 Valencia v Numancia
    17:00 Valladolid v Recreativo
    19:00 Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona
    21:00 Almería v Sevilla

You can bet your house on a Real victory. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Cant wait to watch Atletico-Real tonight,its gonna be great:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Atletico to break their 10 year duck against Real? After being annihilated by Barca 2 weeks ago they'll want to show the doubters that they are still title contenders. Who better than their bitter rivals from across the street? :pac:

I would like so much to see Atletico winning tonight

Oh Atletico... 1-0 down already... HAHAHAHAHAH 3 minutes and, Real are trying to beat the 6-1 Barca got 2 weeks ago.. ;P

Van Nistelrooy has arguably been better for Madrid than he ever was for United. That's another goal from outside the area... Amazing goal scorer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Goal after 40 seconds for Ruud. Atletico really are horrible against the bigger teams.

• Advertisement

Perfectly good goal disallowed by Ruud, should have been 2-0.

44 goals in 66 league games, what a record.

Another perfectly good goal disallowed by Raul. Perea gets a red so basically it's game over. Fu*k sake, and I thought Atletico would pull themselves together.

Edit - The silliest red ever, it was maybe a yellow, Nistelrooy off now. 10 v 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Kun Aguero to score a hat-trick !!!! Then to stick it to Liverpool on Wednesday.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Oh Atletico... 1-0 down already... HAHAHAHAHAH 3 minutes and, Real are trying to beat the 6-1 Barca got 2 weeks ago.. ;P

Van Nistelrooy has arguably been better for Madrid than he ever was for United. That's another goal from outside the area... Amazing goal scorer.

Arent you fan of Barca?

Are you taking the piss ? 150 goals in just over 200 games for Man Utd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

redout wrote: »
    Are you taking the piss ? 150 goals in just over 200 games for Man Utd.

Most of his goals for Man Utd came inside the 6 yard box.
    He is a much more complete striker now ,he is scoring alot of goals from distance something he rarely did at Utd.

SIMAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Where did they get 6 mins ?

Oh f*ck that............. :(:(:(:(:(
    Penalty.... :(

God I hate them and their last minute winners.

Real are favoured by Spanish hierarchy ask most spaniards. Peno my arse

It was a penalty to be fair. It's just Heitinga shouldn't have made such a retarded challenge.
    Arent you fan of Barca?

I wasn't aware you weren't allowed to admit that a rival team has some good players. Cheers for letting me know that. Zidane was utter sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Completely forgot about the match, only caught the last 20 minutes. An epic ending though.

Yeah I agree it was a peno be were did they get 6mins injury time. I bet if Atletico did not score in the last minute that it was only gonna be like 3min.

I wasn't aware you weren't allowed to admit that a rival team has some good players. Cheers for letting me know that. Zidane was utter sh*te.

Players of my biggest rival club are always sh!te;)

If anyone's interested Valencia play Numancia in 15 minutes. And seeing as David Villa is the most deadly striker in the world at the moment (bar none) you can expect goals.

Anyone else think that the way fixtures in La Liga have been set up this year is bordering on absolutely ridiculous? Within 6 or 7 match days, Numancia have had to play;

Barcelona
    Real Madrid
    Villareal
    Valencia

Thats 4 of the big 6.

• Advertisement

Oh how I love being right, that's something like 13 in 14 for club and country so far this year for Villa.

In all honesty Villa talent is wasted at Valencia. He needs to do a Torres a move to a big club to realise his real potential.

In all honesty Villa talent is wasted at Valencia. He needs to do a Torres a move to a big club to realise his real potential.

If Barca and Madrid keep leaking goals like they have been so far Valencia have an excellent shot at the title. Their team is excellent.

I am not to sure. Valencia last season in la liga had very inconsistent form. Interesting to see if they can maintain this current momentum. As for La Liga I think proper order will be restored this season and Barca will be champions. Barca's biggest problem imo is Valdes is to unreliable and te defence can be shakey at times. The signing of Alves does not seem to have sorted that problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Balls. Real had a goal ruled out and a player wrongly sent off. The peno was a peno. Also, I'm pretty sure the six minutes was given because the ref got injured (didn't catch the entire match so I don't know what happened).

I caught the Espanyol Villareal match as well last night. It was a pretty poor match. Only a great penalty save to watch out for really.

Villa with a perfectly good goal ruled out. He's proving why he's better than Torres this year for sure. :D

I am not to sure. Valencia last season in la liga had very inconsistent form. Interesting to see if they can maintain this current momentum. As for La Liga I think proper order will be restored this season and Barca will be champions. Barca's biggest problem imo is Valdes is to unreliable and te defence can be shakey at times. The signing of Alves does not seem to have sorted that problem.

Valencia last year were in massive turmoil behind the scenes, and sacked a perfectly good manager (Flores) because they were in 2nd place, they got what they deserved, they'll be more like the team the year before. Barca are always shakey in defense, and always will be, the important think is that they have that winning mentality restored!

Pal I live in Madrid the past three years and that is the honest to god general sentiment. Real are favoured, going all the way back to General Franco. Ask the Spaniards. As for then peno if you had of read on I admitted that it was a peno but 6min injury time came from where exactly ? I watched it and was in disbelief when they put up 6.

Pal I live in Madrid the past three years and that is the honest to god general sentiment. Real are favoured, going all the way back to General Franco. Ask the Spaniards. As for then peno if you had of read on I admitted that it was a peno but 6min injury time came from where exactly ? I watched it and was in disbelief when they put up 6.

Well, they did get the King of Spain to squash some of their debts when they lavishly spent one summer!

Spot on. The Comunidad de Madrid also bought the land by the airport and built them a brand new state of the art training complex at no cost to Real ? Which was a saving of tens of millions.

• Advertisement

Ah, the Ciudad Real Madrid at Valdebebas, the place that so far has only cost 80 million euros or something! C*nts... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Sorry, I won't argue about the past. I don't know about it.

I was a bit surprised you were bringing that up when I felt that Real could have felt a bit hard done because of the disallowed goal and RVN's sending off.

Josep Sunyol is the one who should feel hard done by, murdered by Franco's goons because of his ties with Catalan nationalism and Barcelona....

Lovely display from Barca, solid defensively, worked hard, scored one brilliant goal, and didn't need the help of Messi. That 7 wins in a row, hopefully we can put the sort of unbeaten run we put together back in 05.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Eto'os goal last night was a screamer. Did not see much of the game, but it looked like a hard fought victory. It is certainly the type of game Barca would have lost last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Lovely display from Barca, solid defensively, worked hard, scored one brilliant goal, and didn't need the help of Messi. That 7 wins in a row, hopefully we can put the sort of unbeaten run we put together back in 05.

Yeah, they looked very solid and rarely troubled by Bilbao. Great finish by Eto'o.. Great to see him banging them in again, though, he did miss a sitter near the end to seal the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement