Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vrt question..

Options
  • 18-10-2008 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

ok,
    my cousin had his mini on irish plates some years ago but moved to london and had the plates changed to uk ones.. :)
    i bought his mini last weekend incl. the irish log books and the reg plates.
    is it just a case of sticking the irish plates on and fill out a tax form to wait and see what they say or do i need to pay vrt on it???

cheers
    steven

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Gypo

You won't have to pay VRT on it as it has been previously registered in Ireland and hence VRT has already been paid.

I'm not sure of the exact process, bty I would imagine you'll need to inform Revenue that the car has been imported into Ireland again. You could give your local tax office a ring to confirm or you might find the info on revenue.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I did the same thing with a car last year. You'll have to bring the car to a VRO for examination, then you can reregister & tax with your local tax office. The reg will be the same as it was before.

Advertisement